We are looking to welcome a Business Analyst to join our Kharkiv office, grow with us and teach us a few things along the way. Being one of the key people, you will work in a team of 4+ BAs on a project of a large program, which EPAM successfully has been executing for its key client.
Our customer is a multinational software company that develops business software, including e-business and enterprise management software, consults on the organizational usage of its applications software, and provides training services.
Target project is the enterprise content management system for delivery organization and management of assets and other content across digital marketing channels.
• 2+ years of experience as a Business Analyst;
• Strong knowledge of Business Analysis discipline;
• Content Management System Experience;
• Significant agile experience, most importantly in the Scrum framework;
• JIRA/WIKI Software knowledge highly desirable;
• Knowledge of SDLC, agile development processes;
• Experience of working with off-shore teams and managing technical communications and deliverables;
• Proven strong requirements documentation, requirements development/elaboration skills, system/user guides documentation;
• Ability to gather and elaborate requirements fast in an outsourced environment, which includes the ability to be flexible in the schedule to decrease the impact of time difference;
• Strong customer communication skills and ability to manage BA work with large amounts of customer’s stakeholders;
• UML knowledge and experience;
• Carry on technical discussions with the Development team is a must;
• Must be self-motivated, well organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills;
• Excellent spoken and written English.
• Elicit business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis;
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs;
• Successfully communicate with Executive Team members to ensure that documents produced keep technology efforts aligned with company objectives;
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Graphic User Interface, Screen and Interface designs;
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
• The individual career path;
• Social package — medical insurance, sports;
• Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
• English classes with certified English teachers;
• Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions;
• Flexible work hours.