As a Senior/Lead Business Analyst, you are going to play a key role in the modernization program for our customer. Several short business trips are expected to the US East Coast and the UK.
1. Business-critical Flows and Dependencies
Reflects all business-critical flows for each application included dependencies on/from other ecosystem components. This information is used as an input for Testers for designing a test plan and for assessment team for roadmap composition.
2. Contribution to High-Level Roadmap
Recommendation for a prioritized roadmap to get “the system” from the current state to the future state based on the information provided (taking into consideration technical, operational, and business readiness, high-level design of interim architecture and dependencies). Includes list of risks and unknowns prior to starting the modernizations, implementation priorities, and estimates.
EPAM is challenged to build the modernization program for our customer that is going to transform 30+ IT applications for the next several years into standardized modern technology stack within a hybrid cloud infrastructure ecosystem.
The multi-year program starts with
• Standardized modern technology stack;
• Microsoft stack: .NET Core, Angular, Azure, etc.;
• Opensource stack: Java modern stack;
• The unified and re-usable architecture patterns & components;
• Unified data model across the factory;
• Repeatable and robust tool-enabled Factory Approach;
• Systematic automated testing within the factory;
• Flexible Applications Prioritization;
• A scalable delivery model with rapid transition.
• We expect no user documentation for the applications. You will need to use an interview and other approaches to identify business flows and application usage.
• Close integration with QA Automation team to identify the acceptable approach for validating migrated application is a functional equivalent.
• EPAM is challenged to use automation and tools to speed up the overall modernization process with annual targets and results.
• Stakeholders are spread between the US, Canada, UK, and Australia.
• 3+ years of practical experience as Business Analyst;
• Knowledge of SDLC, agile development processes;
• Ability to create wireframes and screen mockups, dataflow diagrams and carry on technical discussions with the Development team is a must;
• Experience working with off-shore teams and managing technical communications and deliverables;
• Must be self-motivated, well organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills
• UML knowledge will be a plus;
• Good written and spoken English level.
• Elicit business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis;
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs;
• Successfully communicate with Executive Team members to ensure that documents produced keep technology efforts aligned with company objectives;
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Graphic User Interface, Screen and Interface designs;
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
• The individual career path;
• Social package — medical insurance, sports;
• Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
• English classes with certified English teachers;
• Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions;
• Flexible work hours.