The customer is the fortune 100 diversified global insurer with headquarters in Boston, MA.
The focus of this project is the greenfield development of Singularity application. This application will be a go-to solution for our customer Data scientists to create new data analysis environments in the Amazon cloud. Singularity application will provide UI for operations with customer’s Data Lake and it will also require working with microservice architecture.
The solution plan is the following:
• Search data sets in Singularity;
• A simple query on data sets so they can determine if they are useful;
• Store queries in some storage (later on they want to be able to load the queries);
• Request and validate user access to a data set;
• Select the columns/tables (SQL) they want and codify as SQL;
• Provision the data set to Cortex for their analytics;
• Publish the resultant data back to the Data Platform and register in Singularity.
• 3+ years of practical experience as a Business Analyst;
• Knowledge of SDLC, agile development processes;
• Ability to create wireframes and screen mockups, dataflow diagrams and carry on technical discussions with the Development team is a must;
• Experience working with off-shore teams and managing technical communications and deliverables;
• Must be self-motivated, well organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills
• UML knowledge will be a plus;
• Good written and spoken English level.
• Elicit business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis;
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs;
• Successfully communicate with Executive Team members to ensure that documents produced keep technology efforts aligned with company objectives;
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Graphic User Interface, Screen and Interface designs;
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
• The individual career path;
• Social package — medical insurance, sports;
• Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
• English classes with certified English teachers;
• Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions;
• Flexible work hours.