• Experience with AWS IaaS components;
• 2+ years of experience in support/configuring of Linux/Unix servers;
• Configuration management system (Chef/Puppet/Ansible);
• Understanding of CI/CD and project life-cycle principles;
• Knowledge of Scripting: Python/Bash;
• Experience in Hadoop, Hive, HDFS (mandatory) will be a big plus;
• Basic Scala — will be a big plus;
• Monitoring and support for servers and clients;
• Good spoken and written English.
• Consult and assist in infrastructure overviews, setup;
• Setup, maintenance, support and monitoring of distributed Hadoop environments;
• Perform deployments and updates of the system;
• Collaborate with the development team.
Our customer is one of the biggest multi-brand online retailers in the UK. It’s our long-playing customer and now they aim to enhance the use of its existing data by improving its storage capabilities and accessibility. The goal of the project is to build a system from the scratch based on Data Lake architecture with Query Layer which provides the ability for multiple data consumer systems to query data from the lake. An additional challenge in Query Layer design is to make it auto-scalable to handle peaks in demand with high uptime percentage as for HA characteristic.
EXPECTED STACK OF TECHNOLOGIES:
• AWS Services — EMR, S3, Lambda, EC2, RDS, CloudFormation and etc.;
• Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP);
• Apache Knox;
• Scala as a programming language.
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
• Individual career path;
• Social package — medical insurance, sports;
• Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
• English classes with certified English teachers;
• Flexible work hours.
EVEN MORE EPAM BENEFITS
• We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle —from concept to delivery into production;
• We offer mentorship program;
• We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM;
• We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners.