• Deep knowledge and 2+ years of practical experience in Java and JEE
• Good understanding of development principles and paradigms
• Good knowledge and practical experience with Spring and Microservices
• Eager for self-learning as well as for learning from industry experts
• Able to work independently and mindfully as part of a cohesive cross-functional Agile team
• Good spoken and written English
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
• The individual career path in engineering;
• Social package — medical insurance, sports;
• Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
• English classes with certified English teachers;
• Flexible work hours.
• Take part in architecting the Microservices in the cloud
• Develop and deliver the set of Microservices in the Agile environment
• Slice the data lake into the chunks and consume what your services need
• Take the end-to-end responsibility for solutions delivered
As a Java Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
Our client is one of the mature and biggest information services providers in the USA. The market is Information Services. The domain is Content/document retrieval, publish, and search. Our customer’s product is library database services for institutions. We are doing an Architectural Design and Engineering efforts on Content Repository and Data Ingestion/ Data Acquisition Pipelines to be rolled out on top of Amazon AWS. Our project goal is to deliver the next level of blazing-fast and cost-effective search as well as other library services to the thousands of clients of the customer all around the scientific institutions and knowledge domains. Our plans are to deliver the next level platform built from scratch on top of AWS cloud, Microservices architecture, and Netflix stack, ingest existing content into the cloud.
We are looking for an open-mind specialist. See the tech. stack. If you have a gap with some of mentioned — we’ll give you an opportunity to learn it. You will have an opportunity to get hands-on in two of the most popular trends nowadays: learn how information retrieval/publish/search works, learn how to develop and roll out the complete comprehensive Microservices solution in the cloud. You will be at play with complex and evolving project consisting of hundreds of Microservices to be developed; Learn how the things are done right from scratch in an Agile Microservices-driven environment; Become a key player and visit USA-based customers offices frequently, participate in key technical decisions in face; Work closely with EPAM Microservices evangelists and industry-leading solution architects.
PROJECT TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS
• Spring 4+/5 stack (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, etc.)
• Netflix stack — Zuul/Feigh/Hystrix/Ribbon/Eureka
• Elastic Search 6+
• AWS stack — CloudFormation, CloudWatch, ECS, EC2, S3, ElasticSearch Service, AuroraDB, Route53, etc.
• Github (Gitflow as workflow)
• Test Driven Development
• Unit Testing (JUnit), static code quality governance (Sonar)
• E2E testing through Spring Contracts/WireMock/Chai/JMeter/Gatling
• CI/CD on top of Jenkins and Docker
• Scaled Agile as a development process (SAFe)
EVEN MORE EPAM BENEFITS
• We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle —from concept to delivery into production;
• We offer mentorship program;
• We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM;
• We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners.
EPAM Systems, Inc., delivers product development and platform engineering services to Global 2000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations.
EPAM specializes in digital transformation, business intelligence, big data and analytics, testing, next-gen architecture, digital engagement, service design and business consulting; all supported by over 23 years of software engineering expertise.
We are among the fastest growing technology firms globally, with over 200 clients and offices in over 25 countries. We have successfully helped our clients achieve measurable business results through best-in-class software engineering, combined with innovative strategy, consulting and design capabilities.