Our customer is one of the largest Parcel Delivery in Europe. It has more than one million doorstep contacts each day and with its wide range of innovative services, it provides top-drawer B2C parcel services for a broad spectrum of vendors. It is the leading expert for integrated solutions along the supply chain and a partner for national and international trading companies. The Head office is in Germany, but the main office is located in the East of Britain, Yorkshire.
From a technology point of view, particularly all inner systems are built in Java, namely Java 11, and hosted on AWS in Dockers. A lot of cloud-native services are used: Cash, Document DB, Aurora DB, Queues. Customers are very careful with their technical platform; hence, they use the last versions of Java, DB, and AWS services.
We are looking for an Senior Systems Engineer to join a rapidly growing project to enhance use of AppDynamics for monitoring and alerting.
- Core Monitoring processes documentation;
- Business transaction monitoring for critical applications;
- Process Definition (+ SDLC Integration);
- Synthetic Monitoring;
- Infrastructure Monitoring;
- Mobile Monitoring;
- To have clear documentation about AppDynamics platform and client specifics of using it;
- To have clear runbooks for the main processes and procedures of AppDynamics platform management;
- To cover critical customer journeys for site and introduce proactive incident monitoring in this area;
- To simulate real customer behaviors and react on service degradation before customers complain.
- Operational Intelligence architecture experience (configure end-to-end monitoring solutions from scratch with any tool);
- Strong knowledge of AppDynamics architecture especially on implementation of Application Business Transaction Monitoring, Synthetic Monitoring and End User Experience;
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services focusing on microservices and containerization technologies;
- Hands-on experience with Java Technologies Stack;
- Experience with other monitoring products and platforms. Understanding pros and cons. Ability to propose proper tools based on the requirements;
- Good communication skills and ability to work in an unstructured environment;
- Self-motivation and ability to drive the project without supervision;
- English Level — B2 (writing and speaking).
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Individual career path in engineering;
- Social package — medical insurance, sports;
- Sick leave and regular vacation;
- Partial coverage of costs for certification and IT conferences;
- English classes with certified English teachers.
EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.