Our Client offers the best online insurance shopping experience; within minutes a customer can have instantly approved life, health, auto, or home coverage. We’ve simplified the online checkout process so that customers can get covered instantly online, and we’ve also built an on-demand workforce of licensed insurance agents that can speak with customers who want to talk to an expert, 24×7. Powering all of this is a cloud-first, event-driven, service-oriented-architecture, using the latest software frameworks. We combine our web technology with data science models at every step to make intelligent decisions about how we market to customers, what policies we recommend, and which agents we match to customers. Our mission is to make insurance easier, cheaper, and higher quality, for everyone — not just the affluent. Our team is humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
You will have end to end ownership of our life insurance experience for our customer self-service online checkout and our agent-assistance sales tools. These web experiences are served by a common Ruby on Rails web application and a client-side React application that serve hundreds of thousands of shoppers every day. Insurance is a complicated product to sell, and we are constantly building new features to simplify the sales process and A/B testing them to quantitatively decide if they improve the customer experience.
• Analyzing sales call audio in real-time to give real-time feedback to our sales agents and guide their conversations;
• Building a new common platform for the insurance industry to support onboarding hundreds of insurance carriers worldwide;
• Designing a new life insurance product from the ground up allowing customers to buy $1M coverage in under 60 seconds.
• 2+ years of web application software development industry work experience;
• Strong object-oriented coding skills;
• Passion for writing high quality, clean, well-tested code;
• Ability to work well with a team;
• Track record of meeting software development deadlines;
• The following additional experience is preferred:
— BS in Computer Science;
— Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres experience; AWS familiarity;
— Proficiency in designing software services;
— Experience building and maintaining software services that serve 100+ transactions per second;
• Good spoken and written English.
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
• The individual career path;
• Social package — medical insurance, sports;
• Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
• English classes with certified English teachers;
• Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions;
• Flexible work hours.
EVEN MORE EPAM BENEFITS
• We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle —from concept to delivery into production;
• We offer mentorship program;
• We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM;
• We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners.
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of more than 41,150 EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers think creatively and lead with passion and honesty. Our people are the source of our success. We value collaboration, work in partnership with our customers, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s market conditions, we’re supporting operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
EPAM Systems, Inc., delivers product development and platform engineering services to Global 2000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations.
EPAM specializes in digital transformation, business intelligence, big data and analytics, testing, next-gen architecture, digital engagement, service design and business consulting; all supported by over 23 years of software engineering expertise.
We are among the fastest growing technology firms globally, with over 200 clients and offices in over 25 countries. We have successfully helped our clients achieve measurable business results through best-in-class software engineering, combined with innovative strategy, consulting and design capabilities.