Our client is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores from the United States. As a member of the team, you will work with other developers and DevOps practitioners to produce mission-critical infrastructure, tools, and processes that will ensure the highest levels of availability and reliability of all our websites. As a member of the team, you will be expected to work with management, peers, and customers to define and implement the technical vision of the team.
You’re right for the job if you’re comfortable with deep technical Linux, networking topics, and distributed architectures. You will work cross-functionally among a variety of teams and be a core contributor in every significant engineering service or solution that we deliver to our stakeholders. You’ll excel if you have enthusiasm for digging deep, and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization and organization. You will work directly with our Software Engineering teams to build our next generation “always up” cloud-based e-commerce/Stores/Distribution Center and Enterprise platform.
• 2+ years of programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Go (must have)/ Java/ Python/ Ruby/ Shell;
• Experience in designing, investigating, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale enterprise systems;
• Methodical and systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a solid awareness of ownership, initiative, and drive;
• Fluency with running services at scale; In-depth understanding of Unix systems internals and networking;
• Networking knowledge and in-depth understanding of network concepts, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc.), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing);
• Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way. Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment;
• Experience with distributed version control like Git or similar;
• Experience with IaaS and PaaS providers such as AWS, AZURE OpenStack;
• Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions like AppDynamics, New Relic, Prometheus, Graphite, Nagios, Sensu, and Splunk;
• Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, etc.
• Good spoken and written English level.
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
• The individual career path;
• Social package — medical insurance, sports;
• Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
• English classes with certified English teachers;
• Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions;
• Flexible work hours.
EVEN MORE EPAM BENEFITS
• We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle —from concept to delivery into production;
• We offer mentorship program;
• We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM;
• We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners.
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of more than 41,150 EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers think creatively and lead with passion and honesty. Our people are the source of our success. We value collaboration, work in partnership with our customers, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s market conditions, we’re supporting operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
EPAM Systems, Inc., delivers product development and platform engineering services to Global 2000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations.
EPAM specializes in digital transformation, business intelligence, big data and analytics, testing, next-gen architecture, digital engagement, service design and business consulting; all supported by over 23 years of software engineering expertise.
We are among the fastest growing technology firms globally, with over 200 clients and offices in over 25 countries. We have successfully helped our clients achieve measurable business results through best-in-class software engineering, combined with innovative strategy, consulting and design capabilities.