• 3+ years’ experience in software engineering
• B.Sc. in a relevant field: Computer Science/Software Engineering/Applied Mathematics. M.Sc. an advantage
• Hands-on experience in at least one of the following domains: NLP/Machine Learning/Data Mining/ Algorithms
• At least 2 years of Object-Oriented Programming experience (Scala, Java)
• Natural curiosity for data crunching and analysis
• Excellent communication skills
• Being a team-player
• Intermediate or higher English level (B1+)
• Python or Groovy scripting
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
• Individual career path
• Social package — medical insurance, sports
• Sick leave and regular vacation
• Partial coverage of costs for certification and IT conferences
• English classes with certified English teachers
• Flexible work schedule
• Possibility to work on full product lifecycle —from concept to delivery into production
• Mentorship program
• Guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM
• Working in a team of proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners
• Design, develop and maintain text metadata extraction components. The job will include analyzing complex textually based problems and finding algorithmic solutions to them, while taking into consideration performance, scalability and robustness
• Assume responsibility over major features with sometimes incomplete requirements and is expected to create high quality solutions and implement them in a production grade level
Our client is one of the world’s largest providers of financial information and risk management solutions. The company empowers its’ clients to make smarter and more sustainable investments, drives market transparency and helps preventing financial crime. Serving more than 40,000 institutions in over 190 countries, it provides information, insights, and technology that enable innovation and performance in global markets. By advancing its customers, the company encourages progress for the worldwide financial community.
The project team will work on development of a component which is intended for text metadata extraction. It includes analysis of complex textually based problems and finding algorithmic solutions appropriate from functional, performance, scalability and robustness perspectives. The team is fully managed by EPAM, reporting to customer on a regular basis. Team consists of Scala, NLP, UI Developers, Automation QA, Business Analyst and DevOps.
The project team works on extracting metadata from the documents. It includes working on such Natural Language Processing tasks as Named Entity Recognition, Text Categorization, Sentiment Analysis from data preparation, model training and error analysis perspectives. The team is distributed among two locations and consists of three NLP developers and two Analysts.
Component has microservices architecture, implemented on Scala (Akka framework); services communicate via REST API and Kafka (as an Event Sourcing engine).
Top Reasons to join the team:
• We are finding algorithmic solutions of complex textually based problems, taking into consideration performance, scalability and robustness
• We are creating tools for professionals to build their own NLP solution in areas such as entity extraction, relation extraction and text categorization
• We have a super positive and constructive atmosphere
• We have access to lots of high-quality data such as: News, financial, social media and more...
• We love what we do