The Cloud Implementation Engineer will be responsible for both Azure Migrations as well as net new Azure builds. The Cloud Implementation Engineer will build new environments or add servers/resources to existing cloud customers and will be responsible for developing and maintaining these environments for high availability, ease of maintenance, and scalability. Frequent collaboration with customers will also be important, especially when scheduling maintenance windows and coordinating change management activities. Knowledge of provisioning, managing, and enhancing customer subscriptions, tenants, and resources is also needed.
Your day will consist of
- Implementing, supporting, and maintaining customer environments in an Azure CSP
- Being instrumental in the migration of customer environments from our private cloud into Azure
- Configuration and tuning of cloud-based tools, cost management, security, and compliance
- Collaborating with clients to support troubleshooting issues during implementations
- Mentoring and training less experienced team members
- Continuous improvement of automation solutions
- Producing quality documentation
- Managing multiple large-scale projects in a fast-paced challenging environment and providing leadership to other members of the team.
- Quickly converting business problems into technical solutions and opportunities
- Regular participation in change control activities that comply with ITIL change management.
Here is what it takes to be successful in the role:
- 2+ years experience working in Azure IaaS environments
- 2+ years experience working in a CSP environment
- Experience with Windows Server technologies, i.e., RDWeb, IIS, etc.
- Experience with ASR/DR testing and failovers
- On prem to Azure migration experience
- Meticulous with excellent communications skills
- Positive attitude, enjoy solving challenging issues involving Azure
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Azure ILBs, vNet peering
- Advanced Azure certifications
- Experience with PowerShell and scripting
- Experience with Cisco Unified Computing (UCS), VMWare, NetApp
Our Education Expectations:
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science