The Cloud Support Engineer supports the Enavate Cloud environment and its customers. They are responsible for supporting, configuring, optimizing, and managing Windows Server 2012 and above Active Directory domains. The person in this role will collaborate with other Enavate support team members to build and manage a complex and evolving environment and will be responsible for maintaining and supporting these environments for high availability, ease of maintenance, and scalability.
The Cloud Support Engineer takes input from Cloud Support Specialists, Cloud Support Professionals, Cloud Engineers, and Application Engineers. They are expected to provide world-class customer support to facilitate a high degree of customer satisfaction for all Cloud customers on a daily basis. The Cloud Support Engineer will be expected to participate in team building exercises and develop strong team member and customer relationships. The person in this role will proactively look for ways to keep all time productive and use non-customer time for personal training, internal projects, and administrative tasks. The Cloud Support Engineer reports to the position of Service Delivery Manager.
Your day will consist of
- Installing, supporting, and troubleshooting server and workstation operating systems including Windows Server 2012 and above, Windows Desktop versions, Linux, and Mac OS X;
- Supporting and maintaining large server environments; analyzing and resolving problems associated with server hardware and software;
- Maintaining and developing Enavate tools, templates, and systems to support a high-availability production cloud environment;
- Responding to service incidents to resolve network, operating system, and application errors in a timely manner;
- Creating various administrative reports to ensure accurate and timely record keeping;
- Following defined processes and procedures for data center and cloud computing activities, including onboarding new customers, scheduling production maintenance, and supporting cloud customers;
- Adhering to configuration/change management procedures, including changes, upgrades, patches, etc. that correspond with change control methodologies, using ITIL standards;
- Updating systems and application software as required to maintain current patches and hotfixes;
- Maintaining continuous, open, consistent professional communication with customers, peers, and management, and applying active listening to check understanding;
- Striving to learn new methods and technologies and apply knowledge gained to daily work.
Here is what it takes to be successful in the role
- Demonstrated understanding of problem-solving and troubleshooting technical problems;
- High-level understanding of Cloud Computing architecture (VMWare and/or Azure);
- Experience supporting IaaS workloads in Azure;
- Understanding of how to install, configure, and maintain Windows Server a plus;
- Understanding of how to provision virtual machines in VMWare ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, and/or Azure is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS, or equivalent experience.
- Office/Home Environment
- 24/7 on call rotation
- Preferred coverage hours of 8AM — 5PM EST