Senior Cloud Network Engineer shares responsibility in the design, development and management of our network and security infrastructure. The person in this role will manage, maintain, and enhance multiple clusters and deployments of firewalls within the virtual private cloud and Azure public cloud environments. He/She/They must have lengthy experience in provisioning and troubleshooting VPN tunnels and firewall rules, routing issues, and the ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve very complex problems in a timely and professional manner.
The Sr. Cloud Network Engineer will also help in the build of new environments for our cloud customers and will be responsible for developing and maintaining these environments for high-availability, ease of maintenance, and scalability. Frequent collaboration with customers will also be important, especially when scheduling maintenance windows and coordinating change management activity.
Your day will consist of:
- Implement, support, and maintain 24×7 network services.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco routing/switching and Firewalls software including Cisco IOS, ASA OS, and NX-OS. Experience with the Virtual Machine variants of the aforementioned firewalls.
- Understanding of Azure networking including vNet, Subnets, Route Tables, and vNet Peering.
- Make ongoing recommendations of network policies and standards — strategic planning.
- Act as lead network architect responsible for capacity planning and configuration assessments for our routers, switches, network appliances, hosts, and other communication devices.
- Manage multiple large-scale projects in a fast-paced challenging environment and provide leadership to other members of the team.
- Dedicated client connectivity deployments including Site-to-Site VPN and hardware installation planning at the data center locations.
- Quickly convert business problems into technical solutions and opportunities.
- Manage configurations and the deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies.
- Recommend technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Maintain system and network availability and monitoring of critical services.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule with engineering team as network escalation engineer.
- Maintain the appropriate relationships with 3rd party vendors and evaluate vendor hardware, software, and communications products to provide recommendations to leadership.
- Design and implement data communication architectures in collaboration with key infrastructure stakeholders.
- Regular participation in change control activities that comply with ITIL change management.
- Ensure upgrade and backup strategies are well established for core network infrastructure.
Here is what it takes to be successful in the role:
- 7+ years’ experience with a variety of networking technologies, protocols, equipment, concepts and architectures.
- Solid knowledge and experience with routing, switching, VLANs and firewalls.
- CCNP Data Center/Route & Switch certification or proven equivalent work experience.
- Possess a clear understanding of capacity planning (Single/Redundant Circuits, Load Balancing, Aggregation, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco routing/switching and Firewalls software including Cisco IOS, ASA OS, and NX-OS.
- Knowledge of F5 BIG-IP Load Balancing solutions.
- Knowledge of Cisco Nexus series switches.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting VPN issues on different types of IPSec endpoints.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting firewalls including Cisco ASA, Cisco Firewall Services Module (FWSM), and Palo Alto Firewalls in a multi-context environment.
- Strong knowledge of Layer 2 technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Layer 3 technologies, including IPv4, VRF, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, and VRRP.
- Proven experience in working with Network Technologies including: OTV, GLBP and VRF.
- Proven experience working with and troubleshooting site-to-site VPN technologies.
- Experience working with Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting tools.
- Positive attitude, enjoy challenging solutions involving network architecture and maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure.
Bonus Points for:
- CCIE certification.
- Relevant Azure certification(s).
- Relevant firewall and/or load balancer certifications (F5, Cisco, Palo Alto, NetScaler).
- Experience with Cisco Unified Computing (UCS), Nexus and ASR platforms.
Our Education Expectations:
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science.