ELEKS Data Science Office is looking for a Senior Data Scientist in all our locations and remotely.
Our client’s mission is to completely transform the way we use land in these unprecedented times of accelerating climate change, mass extinction, and social divide.
We will integrate various geospatial data sources and make use of the latest machine learning models for satellite imaging, carbon footprint, and biodiversity analysis. Furthermore, metagenomics, open supply chain, and other relevant data enable us to develop digital twins of land plots, assess ecosystem quality, verify proof of impact, and tokenize the claims so that they can be traded or bundled into tradable assets.
We are now looking for a passionate Senior Data Scientist with a deep knowledge of GIS to join our ambitious, cross-functional teams and help build a global-level technology platform. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will implement systems and databases to access and store geospatial data, analyze and interpret it, and combine it with other spatial and non-spatial data sources.
This is a list of technologies we’re going to use:
-Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras
-AWS, Terraform, IaC, Cloudflare, Docker, Kubernetes
-Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
-Icinga, Grafana, CloudWatch, DataDog
- 5+ years of practical experience working with GIS databases
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R
- Knowledge of Python and ML frameworks and libraries is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of tools such as QGIS and Carto as well as geospatial devices and other software tools
- Understanding of GPS and GIS principles
- As a team player, giving and receiving meaningful feedback helps you and your peers to improve and learn
- Strong problem-solving skills with a passion for observability and reliability
- You take ownership of your work, have a deep sense of responsibility, and keep yourself and your team accountable for the expected results
- Good communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Design, develop and implement systems and databases for geospatial data
- Discover patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data
- Conduct research and data analysis of new data sources, extract and verify relevant information and apply analytical methods
- Transform and clean data sources into a desired, standardized form
- Collaborate with different internal and external teams for integration and knowledge sharing
- Communicating GIS concepts to non-GIS users
You can apply here — jobs.lever.co/...pplied&lever-source=dou
What will you get with ELEKS
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 2000+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, R&D, design, technology consulting and dedicated teams.