The Junior Technical Writer for Edifecs will be a part of a multinational team of writers and will work under the supervision of a technical writer lead/manager. They will have the opportunity to develop content in a variety of media, including online help, web-based e-learning, and manuals designed to help customers implement Edifecs solutions to ensure the operational integrity of their business data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with product managers, developers, technical support, and QA personnel to ensure that each documentation project meets the requirements of the software release as a whole. Tasks include:
- Review source materials, system requirement specifications, marketing requirement documents, release requirement documents, functional and design specifications, and software to learn about features of the software.
- Develop online Help, training materials, video tutorials, and other collateral as required for a client-server analytic product based on MS SQL Server/Oracle and an SDK.
- Provide UI texts and labels to improve product usability.
- Develop documentation for a private cloud orchestration system.
- Identify new features, fix bugs and known issues to ensure that the documentation accurately reflects the state of the software as shipped.
- 1+ year experience in technical writing
- Excellent knowledge of English (advanced or proficiency)
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Concise writing abilities
- Basic understanding of HTML, XML, or CSS
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate technically complex information
- Strong will in mastering technical writer’s profession
The ideal candidate should also have :
- Experience using any authoring tool (MadCap Flare, Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe FrameMaker, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, or CSS
ORGANIZATIONAL & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to handle multi-tasking and workflow disruptions, working as a team member as well as independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability and flexibility to work with a variety of personalities and nationalities.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines.
- monthly payment in RUB, USD or EURO via SWIFT or Payoneer
- annual review of the compensation level
- annual paid leave: 22 working days (~ 1 calendar month)
- national calendar based holidays: all weekends and days off marked in the national calendar
- payment of sick leave: 10 days a year or more in case of COVID-19
- comfortable conditions: flexible schedule
- English: online learning in groups with a teacher
- access to the LinkedIn Learning educational platform
- equal opportunities for all