• Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification
• Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
• Experience working with third-party libraries and frameworks
• Experience developing RESTful APIs C++
• Experience with multi-threaded C++ development
• Experience with DevOps, Terraform, Kubernetes or willingness to learn it
• XCode, MacOS toolchain or Linux toolchain, IDE or console / vim / gdb debugging skills
• Experience working in Amazon Web Services (EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda)
• Cross platform development skills
• Experience with image processing
• Experience and passion with Astronomy!
• We have a flexible work schedule
• Very competitive salaries
• Bonuses paid for meeting or exceeding milestone
• Access to research grade telescopes and data
• Work with a highly skilled passionate team
• Self-driven, well-designed, clean-code, well-tested server-side development
• Work closely with the Leadership Team to gather requirements and set goals
• Work independently to accomplish goals, and troubleshoot problems
• Communicate effectively in English and work effectively with English speaking engineers.
Tycho Systems is a new company building cloud based astronomical systems. You will be part of small but growing team of highly skilled developers building a modern cloud-based services platform for collecting and processing of astronomical data.
We are seeking a passionate developer to support the launch and growth of the platform designed to support leading astronomy research institutions around the world and the new wave to giant telescopes and space observatories in addition to the growing number of amateur astronomers and astrophotographers.
Our ideal candidates can be part of a growing team of engineers building out capabilities on a modern cloud platform leveraging Java, Amazon Web Services, React, C++, and can hit the ground running with a self-driven work ethic.