• Effectively communicate in English
• Work experience as a Back-End Java Engineer
• Experience developing RESTful APIs using Java Spring
• Experience developing C++ applications
• Experience developing relational and NoSQL databases
• Experience using Docker
• Experience with stream processing algorithms
• Experience working in Amazon Web Services (ECS, DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda)
• Experience with state machines
• Experience with resource orchestration
• Experience with common development tools (git, test frameworks, IDEs)
• Full-stack development experience with responsive web design
• Experience with gRPC
• Experience with Node.js
• Experience with image processing
• Experience and passion with Astronomy!
• We have a flexible work schedule
• Very competitive salaries
• Bonuses paid for meeting or exceeding milestone
• Access to research grade telescopes and data
• Work with a highly skilled passionate team
• Self-driven, well-designed, clean-code, well-tested server-side development
• Work closely with the Leadership Team to gather requirements and set goals
• Work independently to accomplish goals, and troubleshoot problems
• Communicate effectively in English and work effectively with English speaking engineers.
We are seeking a passionate Back-End Engineer to help develop the business logic and API layer for our cutting-edge astronomy and astrophotography platform. The system will be designed to support the leading astronomy research institutions around the world and the new wave to giant telescopes and space observatories in addition to the growing number of amateur astronomers and astrophotographers.
Our ideal candidate is skilled with Java, Amazon Web Services, test-driven development, and can hit the ground running with a self-driven work ethic.
Your role as Back-End Engineer will have you work very closely with the Leadership Team. Our team is small but very passionate, and we aim to move quickly while maintaining top-quality code. Your code will be peer reviewed to assure a clean and efficient code base. We have weekly scrum meetings where we discuss progress and communicate requirements and any impediments. We have a flexible work schedules as long as our high standards for quality, productivity and agility are met.