• Effectively communicate in English
• Work experience as a Front-End Engineer using responsive web design
• Experience developing with React.js
• Experience using AJAX
• Experience developing CSS
• Experience using HTML5
• Experience developing a RESTful web services
• Experience with common development tools (git, test frameworks, IDEs)
• Full-stack development experience with a Node.JS or Java backend
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with gRPC
• Experience and passion with Astronomy and Image Processing!
• We have a flexible work schedule
• Very competitive salaries
• Bonuses paid for meeting or exceeding milestone
• Access to research grade telescopes and data
• Work with a highly skilled passionate team
• Self-driven, well-designed, clean-code, well-tested UI development
• Work closely with the Leadership Team to gather requirements and set goals
• Work independently to accomplish goals, and troubleshoot problems
• Communicate effectively in English and work effectively with English speaking engineers.
We are seeking a passionate Front-End Engineer to help develop the UI for our cutting-edge astronomy and astrophotography platform. The system will be designed to support the leading astronomy research institutions around the world and the new wave to giant telescopes and space observatories in addition to the growing number of amateur astronomers and astrophotographers.
Our ideal candidate is skilled with modern web technologies including responsive web design, React.js, test-driven development, and can hit the ground running with a self-driven work ethic.
Your role as Front-End Engineer will have you work very closely with the Leadership Team. Our team is small but very passionate, and we aim to move quickly while maintaining top-quality code. Your code will be peer reviewed to assure a clean and efficient code base. We have weekly scrum meetings where we discuss progress and communicate requirements and any impediments. We have a flexible work schedules as long as our high standards for quality, productivity and agility are met.