Skit looking for a Software Engineer in our Runtime Engineering team. This role will place you in the team which ensures the smooth running of our voice bot in our production systems so our callers have the smoothest experience.
This means dealing heavily with optimisation, reliability, profiling and working with a myriad of teams within the company. You will be interfacing with product managers, ML engineers and delivery teams as a part of this role.
With the knowledge of building scalable applications, fault tolerant systems and emerging technologies, you will be responsible for designing and managing applications, evolving and boosting productivity for the Skit Runtime Engineering team. You will be delivering a cutting edge product aimed at improving customer experience with Call Centres. You will be joining us at a time when we’re on a shoot-the-moon style growth trajectory having grown our workforce 5x in the last year.
- Design and develop highly scalable, highly available, reliable, secure and fault-tolerant systems;
- Building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments;
- Build and research new tools and frameworks for internal use;
- Willingness to cross-team/role boundaries and work with other teams/other roles;
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new languages and technologies Able to take responsibility for multiple services maintained by the team.
- English level: Intermediate+;
- Python 4+ years;
- Experience working with any RDBMS (eg. Postgres, MySQL, etc.);
- Experience in building microservices and event-driven architectures;
- Experience troubleshooting server performance — memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc.;
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful or GRPC services.
WOULD BE A PLUS (OPTIONAL)
- Experience working with stateful sets (Mongo, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Kafka);
- Experience working with AWS;
- Experience with Kubernetes;
- Understanding of Observability systems like (Prometheus, Loki).
- Possibility to work either remotely or in the office (coworking);
- Competitive salary based on the results of the interview;
- Challenging tasks and professional growth;
- Paid vacations, days off, and sick leaves;
- Professional education, sports, and healthcare reimbursement (50% compensation);
- IT Club bonus program.