Digis is looking for a Senior Java/Kotlin Backend Engineer with at least 3 years of experience to join a wonderful German project.
You will be working with an English-speaking team, so an Intermediate level of English is a must. Duration: 12+ months, without time trackers, full-time job with flexible hours.
About the project:
Superchat is the most comprehensive messaging suite for small and medium-sized businesses. Using the platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via any channel (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Telegram, and many more) and send out payment requests, collect reviews and sell products in a modern and convenient way.
Led by Blossom Capital and with participation from 468 Capital, Superchat raised $15.6 million in Series A funding last December. In total Superchat raised $18.8 million in just under a year.
• Project country and TimeZone: Germany, work in our time zone, flexible schedule.
• Methodology: Agile
• Age and stage of the project: almost 2 years, at the stage of active development
• Team: 3 FE developers, 5 BE devs, 1 RN dev, 1 full-stack (1 front, 1 back, and 1 RN developers are from Digis)
• Tech Stack: Typescript React / NextJS, Kotlin (Quarkus Framework), Docker, Terraform, AWS (SQS, EC2, S3, ECS, ECR, ELB, RDS), Github Actions for CI/CD, Jira, Doppler
• 3+ years of significant experience in backend development with Java / Kotlin and Spring Boot (we are using Quarkus)
• At least Intermediate level of spoken English
It will be a plus:
• Work experience in designing and developing REST API’s
• Deep understanding of version control system (Git)
• Experience with SQL, preferably Postgres
• Experience with Docker / Kubernetes
• Basic knowledge of AWS
• Implement new features for our backend services
• Maintain the existing code base
• Work closely together with our frontend engineers
• Take over responsibility from implementation to deployment
• Bring up your ideas to shape our product
• An inclusive and exciting start-up environment culture that offers accelerated career and personal growth
• A very interesting project, a messenger with a huge number of users
• Opportunity for knowledge sharing in the team (welcome open communication and advice/suggestions on product improvement)
• We use many ready-made solutions (MagicBell, Pusher, etc.)
• Active interaction with the whole friendly team, weekly “coffee calls”, etc.
• Code review from the Team Lead
• Flexible schedule, no time trackers
• Everyone is developing, everyone is adding something new, the whole team is growing
If you fit the requirements above, please, don’t hesitate to apply and contact me for more details. I’m looking forward to your application!