• Clearly communicate complex concepts verbally in English.
• Be able to significantly overlap or fully work in North American time zones. These are the times the clients’ teams are working, and to be part of those teams, you need to share some hours.
• Respect deadlines and work in a team-oriented environment.
• Assess new technologies and trends correctly.
Required Skills & Experience:
• More than 4+ years of experience in SQL development and DBA.
• Must have hands-on experience working with MySQL and PostgreSQL as the primary database engines.
• Must have hands-on experience building data warehouses, ETL, and moving a large quantity of data quickly
• Must have hands-on experience in performance tuning SQL queries, PostgreSQL functions, stored procedures, and optimizing SQL code.
• Must have hands-on experience with software development and promoting DB objects through the environments.
• Must have experience working on various teams (vs. working alone).
• Willing to work 8:00 am — 4:00 pm EDT, on-call rotation with the IT team.
• Experience consulting with large enterprises and/or large-in-scope team projects.
• Working with large databases and business-critical applications.
• Hand-on experience working in AWS.
• AWS Certifications (with additional improvements and certifications)
• JIRA/Confluence. (Desirable)
• Additional programming language (e.g. Python, PowerShell).