• Excellent spoken and written English level is a must.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Love collaborating on a team, and gain satisfaction from improving the lives of your teammates.
• Technical background is highly desired as well as a desire to tackle the most difficult technical problems.
• Understanding of relational databases and a love of digging into data.
• Good handle on using command line utilities.
• Good understanding of the engineering lifecycle and how teams work in agile.
• Experience with object-oriented and functional languages like Ruby and Elixir and the desire to develop those skills further.
• 5 absence due to illness days and 21 day of extraordinary medical leave per year
• Medical Insurance and Healthcare Kit
• Extensive corporate professional training programs, workshops, ESL and conferences
• Team buildings, corporate parties and Dev-Pro Hangouts
• Relocation package
• Visa support
At SalesLoft, our support engineers are pivotal to the company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing engineering team. In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘Team Over Self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to interface with stakeholders throughout the company. Our support engineers regularly work with the Support Team, the Customer Success Team, the Engineering Team, and the Sales Team.
We are seeking a support engineer to provide an engineering backbone to our Support Team in the form of problem-solving, data analysis, bug fixes, and custom-built integrations
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for investigating escalated support tickets by reviewing code paths and querying data using Active Record. You’ll collaborate with the Engineering Delivery Teams to escalate bugs and prioritize solving problems across the entire platform. As you build your skills, you’ll build custom features and integrations using Ruby on Rails, Elixir, React, and AngularJS to help our client-facing teams serve our customers better and with greater efficiency. Our tech stack includes those frameworks along with PostgreSQL, Citus, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Kubernetes, and many other cutting-edge technologies.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU WILL:
• Attend SalesLoft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique.
• Begin 1:1s with your manager, meet and shadow current members of the SalesLoft team, and delve into your territory.
• Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them.
• Start to independently answer escalated support tickets.
• Have your local development environment up and running.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU WILL:
• Be able to triage simple support tickets at the same rate as other support engineers.
• Know when to escalate quickly to the engineering team and know when not to.
• Be paired with a full stack software engineer and develop a mentor-mentee relationship.
• Begin to familiarize yourself with the methodologies we use to increase the effectiveness of our teams including things like Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, and Agile.
• Dive into best practices of Service Oriented Architecture, Object Oriented Design, RESTful API Design, and Multi-Tenant Application Design.
• Understand tools used for logging and error reporting.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU WILL:
• Continue to improve the speed of your escalated ticket resolution time.
• Start to demonstrate Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, and Agile methodologies.
• Start to demonstrate better understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, Object Oriented Design, RESTful API Design, and Multi-Tenant Application Design by digging into code for answers instead of relying on people.
• Start to shadow on a delivery team to enhance your software engineering skills and process knowledge.
• Deliver a small internal feature or improvement.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU WILL:
• Be considered a top-performing support engineer on the team by quickly and consistently providing clear and concise answers on tickets.
• Set an example for new support engineers, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new Lofters.
• Identify commonly seen problems and proactively design and implement technical solutions using best practices from our methodologies and architecture.
• Ship small fixes and customer facing improvements.
• Prove your mastery of the SalesLoft tech stack and be able to provide insightful code reviews to delivery team members.
SalesLoft is the sales engagement platform that helps to build stronger relationships, gain better insight into customer needs, and generate more revenue. It provides sales teams with enhanced capabilities for communication while also integrating email tracking, sales calls, meetings intelligence, and workflow automation tools in a single platform.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
• Put Customers First
• Team Over Self
• Focus on Results
• Bias Towards Action
• Glass Half Full
These are the values that define who we are and have empowered our staggering growth since founding in 2011.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, SalesLoft has over 400 employees and is growing by the day. As a testament to the culture and company we’ve collectively built, our world-class team has been named twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ and has consistently been recognized as a ‘#1 Best Place to Work in Atlanta.’
We’re on a mission to redefine an industry! This is challenging work — but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!