BIMTec-Europe is hiring a Senior Engineer / Product Manager to join our office in Dnipro, Ukraine. This position will oversee the development of a new software product focused on automating the architectural design process. The role will involve managing an in-house software development team, as well as coordinating with our head office in the United States.
Qualified candidates will have a deep background in software engineering, specifically the development of cloud and web-based Software as a Service (SaaS) products. Applicants should have previous hands-on experience with product development, including acting as lead product manager on software products which went to market.
As Senior Product Manager, you will join a small but dedicated software development team operating in a start-up environment. As an early member of the team you will play a key role in shaping the vision of our product, as well as the growth of our team over time. A knowledge of the Agile Software Development is a must, as well as deep experience with the SCRUM process.
• Coordinate directly with the President of BIMTec-USA to develop product vision, generate product backlog, and create milestones to guide the product development process.
• Manage and oversee a staff of in-house software developers
• Contribute directly to product development as part of the SCRUM team
• Act as Product Owner of the SCRUM team
• Establish & maintain positive relationships with co-workers, support and build others on the team and across disciplines/offices
• Strong background in software engineering, specifically in the development of cloud and web-based SaaS software products
• Four years product management experience, having acted as lead product manager on at least one software product that went to market
• Experience creating strategic product roadmaps, developing a backlog and user stories, and contributing to UI/UX design
• Experience with DevOps
• Experience with the agile software development process and the SCRUM method
• Knowledge web software development stacks including LAMP, MEAN, and MERN
• Knowledge of cloud deployment practices including AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure
• Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, and English
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• A seeker of knowledge, staying informed of developments in practice and software advances for sharing and collaborating with internal stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience building/shipping technical products, M.S. degree is a plus
• Experience with managing a software development team
This is a full-time position starting on June 1, 2020. Working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Work outside of this schedule may be required as business needs dictate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
Work authorization: Must be authorized to work in the Ukraine
Work Location: On-site at the BIMTec-Europe office