● Good understanding of PHP and MYSQL.
● Good Time Management.
● Ability to solve problems and work on your own initiative.
● Basic understanding and application of coding best practices.
● Ability to adapt to client change requests during a project.
● Good English.
● Experience in creating Magento themes
● Basic grasp of Photoshop, you need to be able to re-create design comps using HTML and CSS
● An understanding of Magento’s layout system.
● Ability to extend Magento with custom code by creating extensions.
● Experience with code collaboration tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
● Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and experience with any PHP framework.
● Knowledge of Automated Testing would be advantageous.
● Knowledge of LESS or SASS or any other CSS compiler.
• A professional environment with great people to work with
• Opportunities to make a difference and grow professionally
• Work in distributed agile teams with the right processes in place
• Direct cooperation with the customer
• Agile training and mentorship programs, various tech training, conferences participation and English classes
• Regular corporate events, team pizza lunches, and Friday company breakfasts
• Competitive salary and benefits package that includes wide medical insurance, 20 vacation days (work days), 10 sick leaves
• The Senior Developer will work as part of a team alongside a Technical Lead, Junior Developer and Project Manager
• The role will require regular communication with the team with the aim of putting features live on a weekly and sometimes daily basis
• The Senior Developer will be required to QA the work themselves and get it to a point where it can be signed-off by the client before handing it over to the Technical Lead for deployment.
• The Senior Developer will time all his work against estimates provided by the Technical Lead and ensure timely communication in scenarios where the estimates cannot be me
• The Senior Developer will perform code reviews on a daily basis of his colleagues’ commits to ensure best practice coding standards
• It will be expected that the Senior Developer will take part in further professional development and certification with the aim of becoming a Technical Lead within an agreed time frame.
Working in this role you’ll be developing websites using Magento and also handling the on-going day-to-day maintenance of some of our clients’ sites. You’ll be expected to provide high-quality deliverables within the time constraints and manage your time effectively in order to do this.
The role requires a passion for building websites with current best practices and an enthusiasm to learn new skills and develop your current skills.
Our client is a friendly and fast-growing company.
You will be working on a wide variety of websites, each with its own challenges and rewards and life here is never dull. You’ll get to work with some very talented people and as your skills develop you’ll have every chance to take on increasingly complex projects. If you’re a creative thinker, a good listener and dedicated to ’doing it right’. We want to hear from you.
They build websites the right way, catered to our clients and crafted with care and attention. Their Magento work is often quite complex so we’re looking for someone who relishes a challenge and is enthusiastic about detailed and challenging PHP development.