● University/bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience.
● Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position
● You have solid knowledge of PHP MVC frameworks like Zend, Symfony and/or Laravel (any version).
● You have several years of experience with: Memcached and MySQL on a clustered LAMP platform; Performance aware programming; Unit testing & Integration testing; OOP & OOD (Object Oriented Design); application security; Database design and optimization; Debugging and profiling.
● You have advanced knowledge about git or similar VCS technologies
● Python, NodeJS, SOLR, Cordova/Phone Gap, Linux and bash scripting knowledge is a plus
● You have an eye for detail, precise, solid work.
● You love to write, read and optimize code and solving difficult problems
● Capable of functioning independently and making decisions on your own
● Handling code reviews, criticism and adjusting to different coding styles and standards
● Good in English; written and verbal
● Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical co-workers
● Processing and paying for visa and work permit
● Processing application for child/spouse if required
● Payroll administration in the Netherlands
● Support with registration with local authorities
● Dedicated person in the Netherlands and Kiev to help you with various issues
● Issuing health insurance (to be paid by you)
● Support with renting the flat
● 25 days of paid leave plus an average of 6 public holidays.
● Compensation of travelling-expenses.
● A phenomenal atmosphere in the office, including very-free office drinks and parties.
● As a Senior IT Ops engineer you will make sure that our applications are “performant”, secure, stable and will remain so for the benefit of our customers and suppliers.
● Release management — together with the team, you will be doing the final review and release management for the development teams.
● You will be constructing tooling for:
○ Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (Jenkins)
○ Monitoring & alerting (Zabbix, Munin, Graphana, StatsD, NewRelic)
○ Development automation and testing (static code analysis tools, ANT, bash scripting, improved integration with Jira, Github, etc)
● You will have a key role, together with the team, in improving the current codebase, decreasing technical debt and tackling deep platform-changing issues and tasks (for example — framework migration)
● You will work less with business and more with programmers and system administrators.
● Every two months you can take part in the company’s Labs Hackathon where you can prototype your own ideas and experiments.
● During company’s Talks you learn from the experience of your fellow colleagues and can present technical topics yourself for a skilled audience.
The company is located in Amsterdam. It is tackling the challenging high-volume world of real-time auctions. We are looking for a talented, passionate, and experienced engineer to join the IT Ops team and help bring their platforms to the next level. With APIs totaling hundreds of millions of calls/month, websites handling tenths of millions of pageviews, mobile applications installed on millions of devices and desire to expand, we need your help to improve, develop and achieve our ambitions.
How will you be doing this?
●You are a PHP specialist in the IT Ops team, have solid knowledge about CI and CD practices, monitoring, versioning systems but you know your way around web development and technologies in general.
●You will explain why a solution is the right solution, instead of just adding another library, bundle, module or framework. You support decision making in the team.
●Use your complete stack knowledge to figure out bugs, bottlenecks, single points of failure and help eliminate them.
●You will work together with other developers with different levels of experience to meet the ambitious projects and deadlines.