We are looking for:
A self-directed, passionate developer who enjoys the trade-offs and complexities involved in implementing new features in a mature codebase. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but also enjoy working with others to come up with elegant and usable solutions to unique problems that others have not solved before.
Qualifications You Need:
• Be a wizard at HTML5 and CSS3.
• Prioritize UX while not sacrificing performance when building features.
• Experience in building & maintaining design systems.
• Extensive experience with React.
• Experience with rendering performance optimization.
• Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation.
• You know your way around Git.
• You’re fluent in English.
• Direct cooperation with the customer
• Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
• Regular performance reviews
• Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
• Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
Are you passionate about technology? Would you like to join a company that makes its own software products? Do you want to work with a team of professionals who will also be your other family? We are Fonto, and we provide state-of-the-art authoring solutions.
About the company:
Fonto is a founder-owned, fast growing and profitable company. We are a 100% tech team, based in Rijswijk, close to The Hague. With over 40 loyal colleagues we make great software for companies all around the world.
Some of us travel a lot, most of us code a lot. Within the company there is no hierarchy nor a one-man show. Instead, you’ll work in a fully agile, transparent and strongly collaborating team! No one gives you orders, you’ll get all the freedom you can handle.
What Is The Fonto Authoring Platform?
Our flagship product is an online text editor, just like Google Docs, but specifically for XML documents, that we validate in real-time against all sorts of XML schemas. To give you some context; all sorts of companies like Toyota, BBC, Pearson, VMware, Amazon, Roche, ISO and various governments use Fonto to easily structure, reuse, reconfigure and adapt their content to individual needs.
The editor is written in JS. For our UI we use React with CSS-in-JS and spring-physics based animations. The editor’s core is written from the ground-up in JS. In addition to the text editor, we provide a number of extensions/apps. These are generally back-end services implemented in .NET Core. We value stability, usability and performance over quick and fancy.
If you want a quick impression of Fonto, check out trial.fontoxml.com, the playground of our design system, or just scroll through our Documentation.