• Previous database programming experience
• Excellent working knowledge and experience of SQL
• Experience of programming in any of ASP, ASP.NET, C#, CSS beneficial, but not essential.
• Good knowledge of System Validation Life Cycle in relationship to the implementation of new applications and processes.
• Good organizational skills including planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and problem-solving.
• Ability to work on own initiative and operate as part of a team.
• Flexible and self-motivated.
• Fluent English
• Direct cooperation with the customer
• Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
• Regular performance reviews
• Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
• Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Design, build and update clinical study databases, according to specifications, from build and the programming of edit checks, through testing to go-live.
• Provide technical solutions for ad-hoc study requirements and lead their development.
• Input into the development of database and software solutions; Enhance, recommend, support, and install existing solutions.
• Work closely with Lead Data Managers to lead study database programming elements; investigate problem areas and existing solutions.
• Provide support and technical assistance for internal and external reported issues.
• Perform, guide, and facilitate functional testing of study specific software enhancements and contribute to, and maintain company processes.
• Proactively identify, drive, and develop system and process improvements.
• Support version control, validation, and approval of generic system software to ensure a quality software product and fulfillment of local process and regulatory requirements pertaining to computerized systems.
• Prioritize tasks and resource time accordingly.
About the client:
Double Queens Award winning SQN Clinical is one of the largest specialist data-focused contract research companies in Europe supporting human clinical trials developing new life-saving drugs. Using its innovative Electronic Data Collection system, ePRO mobile app, and related biometrics services, SQN is a market leader in the healthcare arena. The Norfolk based specialist clinical biometrics CRO is supporting global pharma, biotech, medical device, and animal health partners with innovative clinical development services.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team of Clinical Database Programmers and System Developers. The successful applicant will be responsible for the design and development of clinical study databases coupled with supporting continued system development of this key in-house eDC system and related processes.
The position offers a chance to work with cutting-edge technologies among highly motivated colleagues dedicated to delivering next generation cloud-based solutions.