D.TRADING trades energy products: electricity, gas, gas condensate and coal. We build a customer-oriented business with a focus on reliability of supplies and high quality of services.
In a newly created full-time permanent role, D.TRADING is looking for a Software Engineer (Python).
· Design, implementation, and maintenance of code using Python and other modern technologies, according to project team’s methodology.
· Writing readable, maintainable and well-tested code. Implementing unit and API tests.
· Participation in code reviews, ensuring our solutions match the highest standards. Identify areas for code refactoring. Review and contribute to development process and procedures to assist in the continual improvement of the development team activities.
· Sharing your expertise and support while communicating with the team members.
· Ability to write clean, testable, and well-documented code.
· Ability to find optimal solutions within the existing functionality of systems.
· Experience of the realized projects (full cycle).
· Experience in developing information systems from scratch is a plus.
· Experience in writing unit/API tests, autotests, stress testing is a plus.
Technical knowledge: (Computer soft, language, etc.):
· Knowledge of cloud technologies and services.
· 3+ years of experience as a Python developer.
· Knowledge of programming languages Java, C#.
· Experience with web services and REST API design principles.
· Experience with at least one RDBMS: MS SQL Server (SSMS), PostgreSQL (pgAdmin), MySQL, Oracle, etc.
· Strong SQL knowledge (Transact SQL or similar language), understanding of RDBMS principles. Experience in creating and optimizing SQL queries.
· Experience with the implementation of microservices.
· Experience in developing client-server applications.
· Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, Unix.
· Fluent in English.
· Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis etc.). is a plus.
· Knowledge of information security is a plus.
· Knowledge of quantitative methods and processes is a plus.
· Knowledge of energy markets, as well as derivative energy instruments, are a plus.
Soft skills, key competences:
· Strong analytical skills and a structured approach to work.
· High level of responsibility and independence, meeting deadlines. Highly self-motivated and results-oriented team player.
· Proactive approach to achieving business goals and finding solutions to business problems. Creative and high-energy, with a winner’s mindset. Passionate about troubleshooting.
· Ability to adequately respond to stressful situations based on the management of emotions and emotional state. Adaptability and work in conditions of uncertainty.
Ability to solve problems within tight deadlines. Ability to solve problems on a full construction basis. Strong attention to detail.