Program: Credit for Agriculture Producers (CAP) Project
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
World Council of Credit Unions seeks a Digital technology and Innovation Specialist for the Credit for Agriculture Producers (CAP) Project in Ukraine, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), to work closely with the credit unions to strengthen their capabilities to effectively respond to their member credit unions’ needs. She/he will work closely as a team member of CAP to help revive the credit union sector in Ukraine by ensuring the credit unions have access to modern services and tailored support to sustain growth and expand agriculture loan portfolios.
This is a full-time position for a minimum of 12 months, with possible extension based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
About the Project:
CAP seeks to revitalize the credit union sector in Ukraine by creating a more transparent legal and regulatory framework for credit union operations in Ukraine to both promote growth and reduce risks, while improving access to agricultural finance for agricultural and rural micro, small, and medium enterprises through credit unions. Specifically, the project expects to: (1) strengthen credit union regulator and national Associations’ capacity; (2) advocate for an improved and updated legislative framework to meet European Union (EU) standards, enabling credit unions to compete with other financial institutions; and (3) address constraints preventing credit unions from expanding outreach and delivering high-quality lending to the agricultural sector.
CAP will work with a select number of interested and motivated credit unions to update technical requirements needed to integrate with digital platforms, including online members operations. CAP will build on work done to date with pilot groups of credit unions. Including restoring and/or upgrading core digital systems of financial institutions. In particular, CAP will support implementation of new automated core banking systems (CBS) for pilot credit unions. CAP will also support credit unions on their path to digital security and transformation including but not limited to exploring and developing cloud solutions for secure operations and data storage, cyber security issues, and building and deploying customer channels with local partners.
The Digital technology and Innovation Specialist will lead all tasks to develop and set up new digital solutions in credit unions and will provide technical assistance to the credit unions to help design and implement new digital solutions critical to boost growth of volume of the credit unions’ operations and its clients’ base. He/she will work in coordination with the CAP team and the local credit unions, two major associations of credit unions, local and international partners and experts. Specific duties are as follows:
- Build the IT and digital knowledge and capacity of the credit unions and support design and delivery of digital solutions for credit unions. Part — time employment and contract with individual entrepreneur can be considered for a suitable candidate.
- Lead and support design and implementation of selected digital services as identified by each of the credit unions, within the project scope;
- Support implementation of the existing projects: development and upgrade a core banking system; deployment of software registrars of settlement operations, data storages for credit unions etc;
- Support the credit unions and associations in strengthening of cyber security practices and data protection;
- Develop guidance for new IT infrastructure compliance requirements for credit unions as introduced by the NBU;
- Where needed, coordinate technical support from local and international experts, required to design, test and implement new services; including drafting scopes of wok, procurement and recruitment of external experts;
- Organize work with digital services providers, stakeholders and other infrastructural entities to develop innovative ecosystem in credit unions; and
- Support credit unions and the industry associations with analysis of valid legislative and regulatory requirements for both online lending and online deposit mobilization tools, in line with best practices and possible IT solutions in the market.
- Oversee all tasks and deliverables under Objective 2 of the project;
- Work closely with the credit unions, Associations’ and their business development units and serve as primary liaison between credit unions / associations and the project;
- Support the search and selection of software development providers (IT-companies) to ensure the potential provider has adequate expertise of software development and implementation at financial institutions;
- Provide continual advising to credit unions and as needed to their associations on best market practices and solutions in the field of online lending, payment systems, digital sales and service channels, other web-based sources and solutions which may provide both operational efficiency and cost of risk optimization.
- Liaise with partner organizations, consultants, government officials, and other stakeholders as needed independently to ensure proper communication and information flow;
- Coordinate with international partners, consultants, volunteers, and local experts that provide support to CAP on Objective 2 of the project;
- Contribute to the development of work plans, quarterly reports, reports to USAID, as well as CAP and partner annual reports, and reporting required for the project partners, recipients, and government as assigned by COP / DCOP;
- Work closely with the project Team to ensure proper transfer of knowledge and coordination between project objectives; and
- Fulfill all other tasks required to meet project goals under CAP’s Objective 2 as assigned and per request of the COP or DCOP.
- Masters’ degree in economics, marketing, finance, banking or another related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in Ukraine in business development or digital transformation or project management in IT.
- Experience in banking or financial industry a plus;
- Knowledge of IT-solutions and innovations for financial institutions;
- Previous experience in international assistance program preferred;
- Training experience a plus;
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills;
- Native Ukrainian fluency, both written and spoken;
- High proficiency in written and spoken English preferred;
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of the budgeting principles;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with multiple stakeholders in Ukraine and understand their various positions/viewpoints; and
- An ambitious nature, problem-solving abilities, creativity, and a dedication to creating change in Ukraine.
Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three reference contacts to [email protected] by April 07, 2023 with the subject line: “Digital technology and Innovation Specialist .” Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Thank you.