At Qvantel, we are developing features for various business requirements. Our development process relies on the modern as well on the time-proven, using old battle-tested solutions and trying out new technologies to reach higher quality standards. You will be working as a software developer, using Scala and functional programming; ideally you have some knowledge of functional programming in either Scala or Haskell. A deeper understanding of software architectures is also a plus. Some of the following buzzwords and technologies: HTTP & REST, Message queues, Kafka, Spark, Finagle, Thrift, Scala, Cassandra, Hadoop, NoSQL databases, relational databases.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Advanced product and systems knowledge and expertise in relevant technologies, methodologies, tools and applications including a wide variety of Qvantel SW products.
• good interpersonal skills and the ability to align own activities with project requirements seamlessly.
• Experience in agile development methods.
• Fluency in English and Russian is a requirement and Italian skills is a great bonus
• Ability to work as a part of international team spanning several time zones
• You may also be required to travel up to 15% of your working time from time to time depending on project requirements. Typically, the length of travel would be
The skills that will help you:
• Ability to learn from mistakes, both yours and others’
• Customer-facing experience
• Building virtualization environments
• Interesting and challenging work in a fast-growing, customer-oriented technology company.
• An international and multicultural working environment with experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
• Plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and progress in your career
• Designs, code, corrects, documents and tests complex or particularly challenging programs and scripts according to the defined specifications.
• Is responsible for performance of the SW development process through own share of the work and activities.
• Engineers aggregated solutions from several programs and puts together guidelines and methods that the programming team applies.
• Has a key role to defining technical specifications and work estimates of development work.
• Planning, proactiveness and decision-making authority and impact.
• Works independently within defined area of responsibility.
• Plans and performs own work to meet given objectives and according to defined business processes.
• Work requires investigation, definition and resolution of complex issues.
• Requires adoption of continuous learning in relation to knowledge, methodologies and frameworks relevant to own specialization area. Requires driving own development proactively.
• Makes decisions that impact the project success and fulfilment of project team objectives and indirectly to the allocation of resources.
• Proactively leads own work to achieve both own individual and common business objectives. Actively shares knowledge to relevant stakeholders.
• Communicates with customers and partners and influences them by professional reasoning and fact-based argumentation.
• May guide others work and facilitate co-operation between internal and external stakeholders. Coaches others and acts as a role model for more junior team members.
We are looking for passionate developer that is a pro-active solution finder and able to grasp complex systems quickly. You are not afraid to voice concerns and give creative solution proposals when there are several ways to reach the desired outcome.
INSCALE is a European Near/Offshore development company with offices based in Ukraine, Malaysia, Portugal, Denmark, and Macedonia. We establish permanent development teams for European companies with ongoing development of software applications. Each team works as an integrated part of the customer’s organization. We offer our employees an opportunity to work on exciting projects & product development and learn western development procedures and culture. We have an informal Scandinavian management style where you will have autonomy and responsibility allowing you to develop your skills and grow your value as an IT professional.
For more information, see www.inscale.net
We are currently assisting our client Qvantel to strengthen their development unit in Kiev, Ukraine.
Qvantel is a leading global provider of cloud- For more information, see www.qvantel.com based Business Support Solutions (BSS) and IT consulting services, which help telecom operators achieve maximum business efficiency and stand out from the competition through excellent customer experience. Qvantel is a fast-growing company with headquarters in Finland and over 800 IT professionals in six countries (Finland, Estonia, Spain, Sweden, USA and India) and a range of global customers.