• Experience with databases with high-transaction volume in a fast-paced, globally distributed highly-available (24×7) production environment is required.
• Advanced understanding and development experience with NoSQL Cassandra/Datastax DB is required.
• Hands-on experience in setting up a Cassandra Database in an enterprise, Design and Support data migration on a worldwide multi-datacenter cluster is required.
• Experience with backup & recovery, security, monitoring, performance tuning and managing Cassandra cluster is required.
• Strong understanding of complex inner workings of Cassandra, such as the gossip protocol, hinted handoffs, read repairs, Merkle trees is required.
• Strong understanding and experience with JVM tuning.
• Five years’ experience using Linux with scripting or python is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Ansible experience is strongly desired.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Server Administration, Security Administration, Network Administration and Application Development is preferred.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, a self-starting attitude and good communication skills are essential
• Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and as a member of the production support team
• Must demonstrate leadership skills without requiring positional authority
CQG provides a variety of benefits to enhance your personal and financial well-being. Employees and eligible dependents may participate in the following:
•Career and professional opportunities;
•Completely “White” and competitive salary;
•Employment in accordance with Ukrainian labor legislation;
•Full medical insurance for employee and family (dental insurance is included);
• Support production, stage, test, and development operations of database back end systems including monitoring, disaster recovery, security, integrity, stability, and scalability
• Responsible for performance tuning and optimization of production, stage, test, and development operations of database back end systems including monitoring, disaster recovery, security, integrity, stability, and scalability
• Advanced troubleshooting including diagnostics and resolution of issues
• Automate day to day management functions
• Communicate issues that arise from day to day management functions
• Design or validate designs of custom database systems
• Responsible for code, script, documentation and other artifact generation of custom database systems
• Mentor and advise on best practices for enterprise data management to the team
• Off hours support including being on call
Responsible for implementation, development, management, support, upgrade and monitoring of database environments supporting CQG applications, infrastructure systems and services. Define enterprise architecture and mentor the architecture team in the development of architecture and design of multi-tier and federated back end database systems and clients for CQG applications. Lead development activities revolving around DB’s by providing mentoring, support, and decisions for database administrators, developers, and other internal customers.
CQG, Inc. was founded more than 30 years ago in the United States. We are one of the world leaders in the delivery of market data and financial information, analysis technologies and stock trading. More than 500 people work in 15 offices around the world — from Denver and Chicago to Sydney and Singapore. The development offices are located in Denver, Moscow, Kiev, Samara, Yerevan and Zelenograd.
The Kiev office was opened in 2004 and now has about 30 people. Our friendly team for more than 8 years working on server solutions for stock trading, client applications for the analysis of stock quotes and many others.
We’re looking for experienced motivated experts who will be interested in joining our team.