• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• 5+ years’ database architecture experience (design) in an MS SQL Server environment.
• Demonstrated record of delivering high quality software products to market.
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to be a successful member of a team.
• Intermediate English with ability to improve those skills.
• Experience with distributed application architectures, UNIX platforms, interaction with off¬—shore development teams.
• Knowledge and application of formal software development processes or methodologies, formal design notations like UML.
• Strong knowledge of Relational DataBase Theory.
• Understanding and development experience with NoSQL environment.
• Leadership skills and team lead experience.
CQG provides a variety of benefits to enhance your personal and financial well-being. Employees and eligible dependents may participate in the following:
•Career and professional opportunities
•Completely “White” and competitive salary
•Employment in accordance with Ukrainian labor legislation
•Full-time employment, the ability to work remotely, as well as work in the office at will
•Full medical insurance for employee and family (dental insurance is included)
•Free lunch in the office
•Free English classes (2 times a week during working hours)
•Team buildings, meetings with colleagues from other offices, conferences, and much more
• Responsible for performance tuning and optimization of production, stage, test, and development operations of database back end systems including monitoring, disaster recovery, security, integrity, stability, and scalability
• Keep abreast of Data Base technologies and provide Designs, guidance and support for other DBA’s in order to build, deploy and support our production, stage, test,
and development operations of database back end systems while focusing on monitoring, disaster recovery, security, integrity, stability, and scalability
• Advanced troubleshooting including diagnostics and resolution of issues
• Automate day- to-day management functions
• Communicate issues that arise from day- to-day management functions
• Design or validate designs of custom database systems
• Responsible for code, script, documentation and other artifact generation of custom database systems, including the review of all DB related code
• Mentor and advise on best practices for enterprise data management to the team
• Off hours support including being on call when needed
CQG, Inc. was founded more than 40 years ago in the United States. We are one of the world leaders in the delivery of market data and financial information, analysis technologies and stock trading. More than 500 people work in 15 offices around the world — from Denver and Chicago to Sydney and Singapore. The development offices are located in Denver, Kyiv, Samara, Moscow, Yerevan and Zelenograd.
The Kyiv office was opened in 2004 and now has about 40 people. Our friendly team for more than 17 years working on server solutions for stock trading, client applications for the analysis of stock quotes and many others.