Competera is a Ukrainian software development company offering a comprehensive pricing platform for large retailers worldwide. We change the way retailers do pricing with Big Data and Deep Learning to help them compete with giants like Amazon and Walmart. In 2019, Competera Pricing Platform was recognized as the best price optimization solution by Crozdesk.
Competera engineering community values the desire to build an innovative product, rather than work on ‘interesting projects‘, the understanding of software development economics, the ability to consider and manage risks, and the critical thinking skill in order to challenge own solutions. Now we are looking for a passionate & curious Python Software Engineer Intern, who is eager to start a tech career in a product company and work with new technologies. We expect them to look deeper into issues before asking for assistance.
What you will do:
• Work with data parsing farm and antibot solutions
• Get familiar with the full development cycle including release/sprint planning, feature design, testing, code review, and pushing increment to the production systems.
It is really important for you to have:
• Passion to write a high-quality, maintainable code
• Minimum half a year of Python dev experience (pet projects are still considered)
• Knowledge of Scrapy framework (the test assignment is all about using Scrapy in mass parsing)
• at least Intermediate level of English (technical reading will do)
Ideally, if you also:
• Are familiar with XPath/CSS, requests, regular expressions
• Are a senior student or recent graduate of IT/applied math major at NTUU KPI, KNU Shevchenko, KMA (it’s a full-time job, so your engagement is required)
You’re gonna love it, and here’s why:
• Meaningful work in an agile team of software engineering dragons
• Working hours that adapt to your biorhythm + remote workdays
• Pet-friendly office in a
• Paid balanced lunches and a kitchen fully-stocked with fruits & snacks
• Corporate and sports events: we climb mountains, run marathons and simply have fun :)
Let’s price the world together!