• 4+ years experience developing scalable back-ends with Ruby on Rails
• Experience in building RESTful services, working with message queues, and batch processing applications
• Experience with the AWS ecosystem
• Experience with relational databases
• You get excited about good quality code and engineering quests
• You have good knowledge about API Design and performance optimization
• You understand the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product goals
• Freedom: work anywhere and anytime you want. Just get things done! Have a wedding, birthday, or dying to see that new show on Netflix? Feel free to take as many days off as you want to relax your mind. As long as you deliver what is expected. With freedom comes great responsibility.
• Simplicity: No scrum, kanban, agile and other words used in our daily job. Just work on improving the product. No meetings to keep you distracted. Feel free to immerse yourself into coding
What will your role look like:
• Build amazing new features with our product team — through brainstorm and research
• Design and deliver back-end business logic as well as do code reviews
• Identify and improve critical areas in our existing code base with a focus on simplicity and improved performance, testability, and security
• Be ready to release new functionality every two weeks. Lead time ~ 2 weeks
• Identifying technical debt sources, estimating the amount of added development time and fixing part of it every release. 10% time is spent on annihilating tech debt in every release
• Reduce the number of bugs reported. No critical bugs in a release that led to downtime. Uptime 99%
Are you a highly skilled Ruby Engineer, but bored working on routine projects? Are you eager to feel the real startup spirit and learn how to scale and maintain the future high-loaded product? Then this opportunity is just for you! Your mission is to develop and maintain a product that helps our users (staffing agencies) to grow their business.
We never build features just to make the team busy. Everything is built to help users solve their daily challenges. Your main goal will be to code new functionality while keeping the codebase clean, tested and maintainable. Our backend performance should be maintained at a high level and prevent downtimes because of code errors.
We care deeply about helping our customers grow and scale their business, by making their life easier. We are tackling the scheduling challenge to start, but see other massive opportunities going forward. Are you ready to embark on this journey with us?
CREATE SIZABLE IMPACT 🚀
The problem we solve happens in a specific market: staffing agencies. When we serve those customers, they fall in love with our product and adopt it fully to run their day-to-day business. We’re not building a product for the absolute masses, but we’re onto something massive within our niche market. And we want to become the absolute leader in our space.
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE 🌟
As one of our first 10 hires you have a chance to hop on board and do the best work of your life in building this into something awesome. We don’t build for Google’s or Apple’s of this world just yet, but for the other 99% of the economy: Small and Medium-sized Business.