ClearScale (headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA) — AWS Premier Consulting Partner has been offering a full range of professional cloud computing services for over 10 years, including architecture design, DevOps automation, refactoring and cloud-native applications development, integration, migration, solving all sorts of security issues (from just a security check to preventing cyber-attacks) and 24/7 technical support using the best advanced technologies.
The list of our customers is diverse: from government companies (ClearScale is an official cloud partner of the State of California) and educational institutions (University of California, San Francisco) to well-known global brands (IBM, Samsung, GoPro, HP, Conde Nast, Carl Zeiss, etc.) The number of satisfied customers has been well over 850, some of which can be found on the company’s website in the Case Studies section.
- We were the third company to gain a new AWS competence: Applied AI and Machine Learning Operations (MLOps). Less than 15 partners have this competency!
- We have confirmed status in the Database Freedom program (total less than 20 companies in)
- Proven expertise as a Managed Services Provider (total less than 16 companies in). This means that ClearScale can perform a full cycle consultancy and service: from audits, system or software development to the 24/7. You can read more about us on the company page — Managed Services.
Since the very foundation of the company, we work 100% remotely from various cities and countries. We work on a high trust basis within the company, therefore we do not monitor work being done via taking screen captures, webcams or log keyboard typing, as many other companies do. The professional reputation of our employees is of the highest value.
Due to the growing new needs in the company, we are looking for new Database engineer who like to find solutions to interesting problems.
ClearScale will assist Customer in the migration of up to forty-seven (47) Java applications from hosted on premises to Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) or Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS).
In particular, ClearScale will gather details on current state application architecture and new design considerations, will assist Customer with conducting a container conversion and, where applicable, refactoring in the In-Scope Applications to run on container architecture.
ClearScale will migrate the in-scope applications utilizing the defined strategy for provisioning infrastructure, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD), monitoring workloads, backup and recovery of workloads, AWS security best practices.
In addition to that, ClearScale will assist Customer to modernize applications to break free from DB2 database and migrate to PostgreSQL.
Description of candidate requirements
- DB engineering and/or refactoring work
- DB audit & assessment
- Research/make pre-migration variants/tasks
- Prepare DB environment for migration
- Provide consultancy
- Pump knowledge and skills with AWS services and new technologies
- Use modern tools in everyday work
- Work with distributed teams under the guidance of experienced colleagues;
Skills and experience:
- Familiar with DB2 working on Z/OS preferred
- Working with Aurora, PostgreSQL from 5 years
- Experience successfully migrating to Amazon EKS/ ECS, using replication, using snapshots, snowball, etc.;
- Experience in familiarity with Java/Tomcat and containerization
- Git skills
- Advanced English, participation in voice calls with the US team and customer
- Work in customer’s hours (like overlap 3-4 hours with USA)
- AWS certificates will be an advantage;
What we offer
# 1 Fair wage
- Fixed hourly rate in USD
- Full-time, 40 hours per week contract. It’s your main and permanent place of work, not a freelance job
- Payments every 2 weeks
- Annual Hourly Rate Review: received client’s appreciation, obtained an AWS certificate, saved the world?The reward is based on facts, not on a personal attitude
- Reference program: many engineers joined the team by the recommendation from their friends and former colleagues and we have a reward for this.
# 2 Independence
- from the office location or office conditions because it’s only up to you where you want to work from — home, office, co-working or outdoors in the woods. The only requirement — fast and reliable internet. At the same time, our engineers do not work evenings or weekends: we focus on your local timezone
- from any annoyance or big team buzz — we are the community of professional engineers, valuing each others’ time and effort
- from corruption and bureaucracy — we operate in an honest and competitive environment and we are one of the AWS’s top 10 key partners.
# 3 Professional Development
- Work with innovative Silicon Valley companies and traditional American companies at the cutting edge of digital transformation
- We work with the newest technologies in AWS cloud and open-source tools, Jira, Confluence, Lucidchart, Slack
- Constant practice at writing and speaking in English
- The team which is willing to share its experience
- Paid AWS certification: we provide training material, paid time off and examination itself
- Horizontal and vertical career growth — are you ready to be greater, faster, stronger? We keep growing and people keep growing with us
- A nice bonus if you accept our offer quickly