On behalf of Single.dk, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Remember how good it felt the first time you fell in love? Imagine you could help thousands of singles relive that experience every day, as they’re searching for the right partner to share their life with. We’re looking for a talented engineer to join us on our mission to help all singles find someone they’ll love. You’ll join our small and determined development team, that together with the rest of our company, will make the best dating service ever.
Who we are:
Finding the right one to share your life with should be fun and meaningful. We believe by surfacing more meaningful connections between our users, we can help singles find not just anyone, but the right one. We’re one of the pioneers of online dating in Denmark and a household name. We’re growing and looking to expand internationally.
Our small team is currently based in Copenhagen and London and we’re hands-on with everything from research, product design, content and marketing, customer success and engineering and devops.
Why join us?
• We’re in it for love: We want to enable all singles to find the special one to share their life with. From launching a new feature, defining an algorithm or doing a refactoring, you will have an enormous effect on a lot of people.
• We’re here to stay: We’re one of the pioneers of online dating in Denmark and a household name. We’re profitable, growing and looking to expand internationally.
• Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: We’re a tiny team, constantly improving, finding effective solutions by working smarter.
• Work with an exciting tech-stack: We use Rails, Elasticsearch, Redis, React, React Native, Redshift, CircleCI, CodeClimate, AWS Rekognition etc.
• Build amazing new features with our product team — through brainstorming, research, maintenance and optimization.
• Identify and improve critical areas in our existing code base with a focus on simplicity and improved performance, testability and security.
• Contribute to technical architectural decisions concerning both our backend as well as auxiliary services such as indexing and relevancy scoring (Elasticsearch), caching tiers (Memcached & Redis), payment processing and deployment (AWS), marketing automation (Segment / Customer.io) and BI.
You have professional experience with:
• Ruby on Rails — we’re on Rails 5.2 and soon Rails 6.
• Relational databases — we use MySQL on AWS RDS.
• SCMs — Git and GitHub.
• Integration and unit testing.
You have experience with:
• CI/CD — we use CircleCI and CodeClimate.
• You’re a problem solver, motivated by crafting simple and effective solutions.
• You keep things simple.
• You care about the business implications of what you do. You don’t strive just after building something new and shiny — you understand the balance between craft, agility and bottom line.
• You’re excellent at communicating your ideas and beliefs — and understanding others’. You’re pragmatic and love to collaborate.
• You’re motivated by our mission to connect people and bring love to their life.
What’s in it for you?
• An exciting position where your skills make a difference every day.
• A heartwarming and inspiring workspace with special importance to well-being and work/life-balance.
• Freedom and room to expand your skill set.
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Lots of fun!
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams.
Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com