On behalf of MIACAR, Ciklum is looking for Senior Back End Developer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Together we build the future of last mile delivery and grocery shopping. Backed by a major Swiss Venture Fund, MIACAR successfully launched in the region of Bern and we are now growing our company at high speed. Join us in becoming the category king in Switzerland and help us giving our customers what they really want: More time for the beautiful things in life.
MIACAR is the new rolling supermarket, changing the way people buy groceries. Products will be delivered within a 20 minute time slot, at lowest prices, free of charge and with a minimum order value of 25 CHF.
The assortment is tailored on the customers’ needs and represents the most popular products from all over the region. The startup is growing at a very high pace, welcoming new employees and customers on a daily base. The company positions itself as the leading tech driven online grocery and last mile delivery company in Switzerland.
● Be part of a cross-functional MIACAR product team, together with other engineers, devops, designers, QA and product owner.
● Take technical ownership for a MIACAR product or parts of it.
● Take responsibility to deliver outstanding results to achieve the desired business goals.
● Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable PHP code
● Building backend solutions that can be connected with multiple external APIs and handle data efficiently (e.g. asynchronous processes, caching, error handling, batch processing, secure transmissions)
● Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
● Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
● Actively help to improve code quality, application speed and scalability, architecture and automation
● Build reusable code and libraries for future use
● 3+ years experience with building sophisticated PHP web and backend solutions
● Experience with at least one additional statically typed back-end language is a must (e.g. Kotlin, Golang, Scala, Java, Clojure, Haskell etc.)
● Understanding business value of tasks and development of a quality solution is a must
● Knowledge of web frameworks (PHP: Laravel/Symfony is preferable)
● Familiarity with concepts of OOP, MVC, Mocking, ORM, CI, DI, microservices, SOLID, CQRS and RESTful
● Strong test-driven mindset to ensure high software quality. Able to implement testing
● Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
● Awareness of security concerns. Strong knowledge of the common web server security exploits and their solutions
● Familiarity with SQL. Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
● Written and verbal fluency in English is a must
● Experience with git version control
● Proficient understanding of tools like GitHub and JIRA
● Experience with Docker will be a plus
● Experience with AWS is a plus
● Experience NoSQL databases is a plus
● Experience with ElasticSearch is a plus
● Interest in functional programming is a plus
● Integrity, desire to learn and improve every day
● High degree of motivation and ambition
What’s in it for you?
• Be a key player in the most ambitious Swiss online food and last mile delivery story
• Highly motivated, dynamic and international team
• We do not expect a 9-to-5 working routine? results count;
• Ownership from the first day on
• We cultivate a respectful atmosphere in which everyone feels comfortable to speak up freely;
• We achieve extraordinary outcomes that exceed the expectations of our clients and make our customers happy;
• Awesome team challenger events and a lot of fun;
• On site visits in Switzerland
• Competitive salary protected from local currency deviations;
• State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
• MacBook for work
• We expect you to become a long term part of the project, grow with us over time
• Highly data driven case, tons of challenges to be solved
• Work with latest technologies
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centers in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com