On behalf of Thomas Cook, we are looking for Technical (API) QA Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
As an Technical (API) QA Engineer you will be part of a digital Scrum team involved in designing and building Web applications that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond.
Thomas Cook Group plc is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups with sales of £7.8 billion in the year ended 30 September 2015. Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it is number one or two (by revenue) in all its core markets. Thomas Cook Group plc’s shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The team works on few frameworks for API and UI levels supporting mobile direction as high priority. Fighting with automation challenges, improving architecture, switching to the newest technologies became a routine work for us so be ready for active and challenging atmosphere.
Being interested in growing in performance and security testing is a must as we focus on building deep expertise inside the team breaking boundaries between functional and not functional testing.
Client’s website: thomascook.com
As an Technical (API) QA Engineer you will be responsible for:
● Test Planning for manual and automation activities;
● Test Analysis, Design, Execution, Reporting;
● Documentation Review;
Automation on API level (TypeScript / Java);
● Participation in process improvement, adopting new tools and technologies, implementing best practices.
● Experience in both manual and automation testing of web applications and API (1+ year);
● Hands-on experience with API automation testing, experience in working with API test automation framework;
● Good knowledge in one of the programming languages (OOP, design patterns) and desire to work with Typescript & Java;
● Experience of technical testing (e.g. reading logs, Postman, Web Developer Toolbar, Fiddler, mocking);
● Deep understanding of HTTP protocol and client-server architecture ;
● Work with VCS (Git);
● Understanding of CI (Jenkins, TeamCity etc.);
● Good understanding of Web technologies and concepts (HTML, CSS, JS, XML, JSON, SQL, MongoDB);
● Profound theoretical background in SQA methodology and process
● Experience in usage of Test Management tools (e.g. TestRail, Zephyr, TestLink);
● Experience in usage of defect tracking systems (preferably Jira);
● Upper intermediate spoken and written English.
● Experience with Agile/Scrum development processes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
● Experience of working with microservices;
● Experience with non-functional testing (e.g. performance, security);
● Experience working with e-commerce products.
● Quick learner;
● Excellent communication (both written & verbal) and interpersonal skills;
● Attention to details;
● Good problem-solving skills;
● Profound analytical skills;
● Proactive, results-oriented personality;
● Ability to prioritize personal workload.
What’s in it for you?
● Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities;
● Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
● Competitive salary;
● Career and professional growth;
● Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
● Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits;
● State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates really good working conditions.
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!