On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Front End Developer to join Kiev team on full-time basis.
In the role of Front End Developer in Thomas Cook squad you will be building a complete frontend journey to interface with our partners APIs; optimizing current front-end integrations and providing right instruments to business to create landing & merchandising pages.
We focus on agile delivery, using Continuous Integration and we are exploring Continuous Delivery. Our squads follow agile processes (Scrum or Kanban), to deliver the best value for our business. These squads are agile teams with analysis, development and testing capabilities, they work with Java / NodeJS / Angular (with an option of other development languages in the future). Services developed by the squads mainly get deployed to Rackspace, but we are moving step by step to AWS completely, with automated code and deployment pipelines.
• Build the leanest, fastest UI for Client web sites using core client-side technologies and best practice techniques (including accessibility)
• Anticipate issues and risks at the module level and escalate appropriately
• Build cross-browser / cross-device compatible pages to W3C and Client standards (including Accessibility compliance), removing legacy / problematic code and suggesting improvements
• Build automation tests using Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor, work with Jenkins CI
• Meet demand and hit development deadlines
• Develop, document, consume and support maintainable, reusable UI components with a platform (multi-market & multi-language) vision in mind
• Proven front-end development experience in responsive design
• Demonstrable knowledge of responsive CSS, Accessibility, SEO, cutting edge UI techniques, and relevant W3C standards and think mobile first
• Experience on building robust and performing front end designs as performance is key for this organization
• Exposure to concepts, methodologies and processes used in application development, web design, UX and version control, testing, quality control, content management, and site deployments
• Upper intermediate level of English
• Experience working with Angular.js/Angular
• Experience working in Nodejs and Java environments, MVC development model, and scripting in JSP/ JSTL
• Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
• Experience working with a CMS preferred Magnolia
• Experience with Agile ways of working with the ability to interpret business requirements from user stories to size, estimate and groom the backlog
• An eye for detail, strong logic and analytical skills, and the ability to document solutions
• Open-minded and ready for rapid changes
• Drive for continual improvement
• Strong communication skills
What’s in it for you
• A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with colleagues abroad on a day-to-day basis
• Competitive salary
• Career opportunities within big and well-known travel provider from Europe
• Possibility to work in a big and successful company
• Possibility to work from home one day per week (after the trial period is passed)
• Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams.
Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!