On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for Java Developer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
We are a team in a leading Europe travel company. Our mission is to drive our development towards the high-quality continuous delivery process.
We focus on agile delivery, using Continuous Integration and we are exploring Continuous Delivery. Our squads follow agile processes (Scrum or Kanban), to deliver the best value for our business. These squads are agile teams with analysis, development and testing capabilities, they work with Java / NodeJS / Angular (with an option of other development languages in the future). Services developed by the squads mainly get deployed to Rackspace, but we are moving step by step to AWS completely, with automated code and deployment pipelines.
In the role of Java Developer in CMS squad you will be designing, building and maintaining large scale Java/Nodejs applications in order to provide right instruments to business to create landing & merchandising pages.
The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
• Providing, through the partnership with business and product owners in translating high-value business ideas, beautiful and innovative software solutions;
• Providing technical excellence to ensure quality first mindset, simple architecture and highest code quality;
• Anticipate issues and risks at the module level and escalate appropriately
• Meet demand and hit development deadlines
• Develop, document and support our CMS applications with multi-market & multi-language vision in mind
• Java 7, Spring 3.X
• JUnit, TestNG
• Basic knowledge of MySQL, MongoDB
• Maven, Git, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, XSD, XML, JSON
• Upper intermediate level of English
• Experience working in Nodejs environments, MVC development model, and scripting in JSP/ JSTL
• Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
• Experience working with a CMS preferred Magnolia
• Experience working with Angular.js/Angular
• Experience with Agile ways of working with the ability to interpret business requirements from user stories to size, estimate and groom the backlog
• An eye for detail, strong logic and analytical skills, and the ability to document solutions
• Open-minded and ready for rapid changes
• Drive for continual improvement
• Strong communication skills
What’s in it for you
• A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with colleagues abroad on a day-to-day basis
• Competitive salary
• Career opportunities within big and well-known travel provider from Europe
• Possibility to work in a big and successful company
• Possibility to work from home one day per week (after the trial period is passed)
• Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!