On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
The role is responsible for delivering the data engineering of the TCM technology platform. Our Technology stack includes the core AWS components that will enable TCM to build a Data Lake in the cloud using AWS Big Data toolset. This role will provide a centre of expertise and consultancy to the development teams on data engineering for the Thomas Cook Money business as required by the commercial team across, Banking, Pre-Paid cards, Insurance, Loyalty and CRM and across markets and channels (web, mobile and integration). Working with the Chief Architect & development leads, the job holder will ensure that assist in the build of the Data strategy, helping White Horse and TCM leverage data to develop its pricing, underwriting and reserving models. The role will need to have proven practical experience of developing big data solutions on AWS including configuration managements and infrastructure as code tools, as well as dealing with credentials securely.
The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
• Translate Data Science Models defined by the principal into technical solutions using AWS and Big Data tooling
• Data mapping and migration within the AWS infrastructure required for optimal ETL of data from a wide variety of data sources using various AWS technologies
• Create and maintain complete data pipeline architecture
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into various datasets
• Work with Principal Data Architect assist with data-related technical issues and support the data infrastructure
• Create data tools for analytics and carry out further data science modelling
• Designing and developing data architectures that meet requirements for data and compliance regulations such as GDPR
• Experience building a data lake, Big Data Skills (Tooling and Development)
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Knowledge of at least one language Python/Nodejs/Scala
• Experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau
• Knowledge of data and cyber security, encryption
• Experience in building CI/CD
• Experience with AWS and Cloud services including: AWS S3, AWS Glue, AWS Athena, AWS Redshift, AWS Redshift Spectrum, AWS Lambda, Quick Sight, AWS DynamoDB, AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Kinesis
• Solid understanding of AWS permissions, IAM, and development of “least privilege” solutions
• AWS Certified Specialist
• FinTech / Payments Industry experience
• An eye for detail, strong logic and analytical skills, and the ability to document solutions
• Open-minded and ready for rapid changes
• Drive for continual improvement
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable working in Scrum teams, understanding and helping to shape the product vision
• Championing and improving ways of working between the business and technology
• Interested in TCM and fin-tech
What’s in it for you?
• A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with colleagues abroad on a day-to-day basis
• Competitive salary
• Career opportunities within big and well-known travel provider from Europe
• Possibility to work in a big and successful company
• Possibility to work from home one day per week (after the trial period is passed)
• Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!