On behalf of Toradex, Ciklum is looking for Senior Embedded Linux Software Development Engineer (Debian) to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As an Embedded Linux Software Engineer you are part of the R&D team, help building our future Linux BSP offering Torizon for our SoMs (System on Modules). TorizonCore is our custom OpenEmbedded built Linux distribution with containers as its core building block. Secure updates and containers built using Debian are key design elements of the Torizon platform.
Toradex is a global company strongly focused on engineering & technology. We’re powered by a diverse & uniquely gifted workforce. We pursue the best people to propel our innovative vision of embedded computing. If you’re interested in being a driving force at an agile technology company, engineering clever computing solutions & helping other companies bring their products to life, we should talk.
Devices across numerous industries — medical, transportation, robotics & many more — are powered by Toradex System-on-Modules. We provide effective & robust embedded computing solutions and strive for the best development experience in the industry with a focus on intelligent hardware design, innovative software solutions & free comprehensive support. Our relationship with our customers ensures that we all succeed and it allows us to participate in the realization of incredible new products.
Toradex provides strong integration of hardware, software, and services. The company offers off-the-shelf products to a broad and global customer base in order to allow the fragmented embedded market to benefit from economies of scale.
Toradex main products are ARM® processor-based System on Modules (SoMs) which are combined with optimized operating systems. Toradex partners with companies like NXP, The Qt Company, and others and are at the edge of technology.
• Develop and maintain Debian based containers for TorizonCore
• Validate and integrate graphics driver in Debian for our SoMs
• Build deb packages and maintain a package feed
• Design, validate and document application development process using Debian in containers
• Report short comings and possible improvements related to products, software offerings, documentation, processes, etc. to allow continuous improvements
• Report project and task status within the development team and towards management
• Strong experience with Debian, preferable as a contributor
• Familiar with Docker, containers in general and development work flows using containers
• Embedded Linux background is a plus but not required
• Experience with OpenEmbedded is a plus but not required
• Able to handle ambiguity
• Excellent communication skills — fluent English language skills in reading / writing / speaking / presentations
• Willing to learn new/unknown technologies and share knowledge through concise documentation
What’s in it for you
• Working in a dynamic global successful company.
• Contribute to various open-source projects.
• Work on latest HW technology with early access to major SoC vendor.
• Enjoy a flat hierarchy where you may truly shape our HW and SW offerings.
• Experience the full life-cycle from bring-up, stabilization to maintenance first hand.
• Work on challenging cutting edge SW projects like containerization and secure over-the-air update.
• Enjoy your freedom guided by agile processes.
• Count on a diverse team of experienced HW and SW engineers.
• Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
• Competitive salary protected from local currency deviations;
• State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com