On behalf of Just Eat, Ciklum is looking for a Technology Manager to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
The Technology Manager leads a single team of approx.
As a Technology Manager, you will be seen as a partner to the wider business who can take responsibility for rolling out change in your area in conjunction with a wider plan of work. You will manage the ongoing development of this change through the best use of the platform and the skills of the team that report into you.
JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering — processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour’ as we embark on creating the world’s greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
As a Technology Manager, you are expected to be an effective people manager and be a hands-on coder to support your team. This means you will have a proven history of delivering effective software as an individual contributor. In addition to this, you will be responsible for the technical direction, engineering quality and execution of a product development team alongside your peers. You will work with our product managers to design and implement solutions and product features that make our customers experience even better.
You’ll be accountable for:
● The reliability, availability and support of your teams components in production.
● The architectural coherence of your teams components in the wider context of the whole Just Eat platform.
● Solution design and the technical roadmap for the components that you own, making sure you continually drive the platform forwards architecturally.
● Fostering a strong team of cross functional members who can implement a vision articulated by your management chain.
● Aligning your team goals with the needs of the business, and provide transparency into the decision making process and quantifying your teams effectiveness using appropriate metrics
● Structuring your team and assigning work in order to maximise your teams contributions in the areas of communication, productivity and innovation.
● The performance and personal development of your team, ensuring every member has support for their career goals.
● Partnering with your peer managers to address cross-functional issues. This may require you to participate in cross-business initiatives.
● Educating your customer/stakeholders on how to engage with your team so that they understand and can contribute to your priorities and roadmap. Although the ability to meet every customer expectations may sometimes be constrained, you ensure your customers are aware of how decisions are made, and you think creatively to solve their needs in innovative ways.
Running an effective team
This is a rare opportunity to lead a team of exceptionally skilled Engineers. As a Technology Manager you’ll take primary responsibility for ensuring the following happen within your team:
● Generate enthusiasm and a sense of pride for both the features you build and the skills you apply to solving problems
● Mentorship of less experienced professionals, both professional and technical
● Inducting new members to your team, and instilling our common responsibilities and principles in them
● Regular 121 meetings with your direct reports
As stated we are big into AWS and C# and either of these skills are preferred however we are looking for great talent not specific skills If you have experience and passion in any of the following we would like to hear from you.
● 5+ years of Technical experience
● Understanding of cloud computing principles and providers (AWS, Azure, etc.)
● NET Web API
● SQL Server, MySQL, or similar
● DynamoDB or similar NoSQL data store
What’s in it for you
● We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
● An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
● Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
● An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
● Regular hackathons — use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams.
Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org