On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Java Developer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As a Java Developer you will be part of new digital technology team involved in designing and building large scale Java applications that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond.
Our product team is very strong, and proposes exciting features. Marketing, optimization and analytics teams will work with us making sure we deliver all requested features they need in order to make our website the most amazing travel platform in the world.
The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
Client’s website: thomascook.com
• Designing and building large scale java applications that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond
• Providing thought partnership with business and product owners in translating high value business ideas into beautiful and innovative software solutions
• Providing technical excellence and leadership on team to ensure quality first mindset, simple architecture and highest code quality
• Writing great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g.,DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
• Backend: Java 8, Spring 4.X (core, data, tx, web, orm), Hibernate 5.X, Service/Message BUS (like Mule ESB or Apache Camel or similar), JAX-RS, JPA
• Testing: TDD/BDD. JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, Wiremock
• DBs: MySQL, MongoDB
• Others: SQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Sonar, XSD, XML, JSON
• Fluent English
• Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to deal with ambiguity and drive independently (or collaboratively with team) on solutions
• Node.js v4 or higher
• Infrastructure: Chef, Docker
• Domain driven design
What’s in it for you:
Our client is a leading international travel company that has shaped the history of travel and now plans to shape the future of online travel.
The client’s digital strategy is to continue pushing the boundaries on its products’ capabilities, growth and maturity. It plans to accelerate on new technology innovations in the areas of next generation mobile and tablet user experience, ‘big data’ analytics driven personalization, advanced cloud computing and cutting edge social/search technologies.
Despite being a large international organization, our client’s digital team is setup like a small start-up company (without worrying about the next round of funding). Our development teams are small, flexible and they use an agile approach to quickly iterate and test new innovations in the market with our customers. We focus on using the latest open source technologies to innovate and bring together beautiful, cool products and personalized experiences to our customers
Working for our client, you will have the opportunity to solve some of the most difficult problems facing the industry while having a ton of fun. We have a casual office culture with a strong emphasis on innovation, education and empowerment. We expect our teams to do great things and encourage them to be bold, take risks and try new ideas.
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org