On behalf of Ciklum BA Office, Ciklum is looking for a Functional Manager to join our team on a full-time basis.
As a Functional Manager you will provide and govern BA Office services including involvement into managed client engagements. Build and continuously develop standards, best practices, and methodologies for the practice of business analysis & product management to be used company-wide. Improve competency of BA unit members with coaching, mentoring, and knowledge sharing practices. Assess performance of employees and projects. Manage operational activities
• Build and manage BA unit services. Promote them inside and outside the company.
• Prepare and conduct presentations for sales, marketing, and clients.
• Support new engagements. Act as BA in case of necessity during managed engagements. Build and maintain expert network for pre-sales and sales support.
• Maintain company standards for business analysis and product management: key processes, best practices, frameworks, metrics, techniques, templates, and tools.
• Manage available BA unit members and assets. Conduct interviews with candidates for BA unit positions, maintain expert network. Manage candidate pools.
• Maintain business analysis competence model. Ensure BA professional skills assessment and development. • Evaluate professional knowledge of BA unit members.
• Establish knowledge management methodology to share best practices and knowledge. Implement skills improvements based on lessons learned.
• Assess the performance of projects and employees. Establish and monitor business analysis best practices implementation in alignment with the industry standards.
• Provide mentoring to business analysts and project teams to help them meet the challenges of their current projects. Continuously develop BA competency with trainings and knowledge exchange.
• Ensure the BA unit awareness and representation across all organizational units.
• Support company-wide initiatives (e.g. SDLC framework).
• Master degree or higher (in Computer Science or similar, desirable).
• Business education (desirable).
• Understanding of principles and specifics of software development methodologies.
• Extensive knowledge of business analysis activities and techniques.
• Awareness of latest IT industry and digitalization trends.
• Knowledge of business process optimization and modeling approaches.
• Knowledge of requirements management tools (at least JIRA & Confluence).
• Knowledge of prototyping tools.
• Good knowledge in at least one Business Domain (desirable): enterprise solutions, digital commerce, media.
• Knowledge in product management best practices (desirable).
• Knowledge of key business analysis tasks, elements and techniques.
• Understanding of general management and project management.
Skills & Abilities:
• Very strong English verbal and written communication skills.
• Systems thinking and functional decomposition skills.
• Strong analytical skills for critical assessment of information from numerous sources.
• Modeling skills to represent requirements information in graphical form.
• Setting clear goals and priorities. Time-management, ability to handle multi-tasking.
• High flexibility. Ability to modify approach as per changing stakeholders, conditions, circumstances and feedback. Quick learning.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
• Self-confidence. Ability to accept criticism for continuous improvement.
• Good consulting and advisory skills.
• One of the following (desirable): IIBA CCBA or CBAP, OMG UML, OMG BPMN, PMI-PBA, Pragmatic Marketing PMC.
• IT industry experience: 6 years or more, including collaboration with clients abroad.
• Experience in business analysis or product management: 4 years or more, including defining solutions from idea to production.
• Proven experience in communication to large audiences and top management.
• Experience in training development and conduction (desirable).
What’s in it for you?
• Collaboration with client from pre-sales to implementation.
• Deliver professional business analysis and product management services.
• Learn from the team of senior professionals and BA community.
• Grow your expertise as consultant, mentor, and manager.
• Gain unique multi-layered experience of this functional role.
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!