● BS or MS in Computer Science or Degree in a similar field.
● 3+ years of hands-on experience with performance/load, volume, and scalability testing.
● Extensive experience in analyzing statistics of performance monitoring tools.
● Good understanding of performance testing concepts, methodologies and standards.
● Good ability to plan performance testing activities.
● Highly skilled in one load generation tools such as JMeter and some experience in other load testing tools like Gatling, Neoload, Tzung, Locust, LoadRunner or others.
● Working knowledge of performance bottlenecks and end-to-end performance web performance measures.
● Expert with monitoring tools such as HP diagnostics/Dynatrace/New Relic, Kibana, AppDynamics, Graphite, Grafana, etc.
● An understanding of protocols including HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, WebSockets, and client custom protocols.
● Strong Knowledge of OOP principles and scripting languages like Python, etc.
● Cloud Services Experience. UNIX experience.
● Practical experience with Fiddler, Wireshark or other sniffers.
● Ability to set up and maintain jobs using CI tools i.e. Jenkins.
● Experience with VCS (Git, SVN etc.).
● Upper intermediate spoken and written English.
● Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.
● Good organizational skills coupled with a detail-oriented approach to testing and ability to work collaboratively to resolve problems.
● Working with client side performance tools.
● People management experience.
● Good presentation skills.
● Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities;
● Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
● Competitive salary;
● Career and professional growth;
● Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
● Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits;
● State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates really good working conditions.
● Building Shared Performance QA Services for Thomas Cook Group, which includes:
○ Defining of Technical strategy of load testing services development.
○ Choosing load testing tools vendors and conducting the corresponding prove of value for them.
○ Building internal Load and performance Testing Framework satisfying requirements of all Thomas Cook projects.
○ Integrating performance testing solutions into cloud infrastructure and Continuous Deployment pipeline.
○ Building, managing and leading performance testing team
● Service different Thomas Cook projects with Load testing:
○ Work with business and IT teams to determine and capture performance requirements.
○ Manage Load testing projects estimation and project assignment process.
○ Conduct load testing preparation, script implementation and execution activities.
○ Analyze and report load testing results. Make release readiness conclusions.
○ Lead estimation process, testing, coordination and status reporting for performance testing projects/efforts.
○ Assure on time service delivery.
● Lead Performance QA Guild:
○ Providing technical guidance and Knowledge sharing for different teams. Build the corresponding communication channels.
○ Assure awareness of and alignment with new Trends.
○ Introduce and support performance testing best practices in planning, design, development, testing.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, we are looking for Performance QA Engineer (Lead, in perspective) to join and lead Kyiv team on full-time basis.
Client’s website: thomascook.com
Thomas Cook Group plc is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups with sales of £7.8 billion in the year ended 30 September 2015. Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it is number one or two (by revenue) in all its core markets. Thomas Cook Group plc’s shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The team works on few frameworks for API and UI levels supporting mobile direction as high priority. Fighting with automation challenges, improving architecture, switching to the newest technologies became a routine work for us so be ready for active and challenging atmosphere.
Being interested in growing in performance and security testing is a must as we focus on building deep expertise inside the team breaking boundaries between functional and not functional testing.
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!