• Proven experience in developing websites and applications in Python/Django 1.9+
• Experience working with PostgreSQL and other SQL-based databases
• Experience with Git and Bitbucket
• Analytical, precise and structured approach to problem solving
• Reliable, able to work independently as well as within a team. Able to cope with pressure constructively
• Good English language knowledge (written and spoken on negotiation level)
• Experience working with and extending django CMS
• Experience working with Elasticsearch
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with AWS and general cloud operations
• Experience working with Redis and common caching patterns
• Participating contributor on Open Source software development
• Good working knowledge of Linux servers
• German language knowledge is a plus
• Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the team in Switzerland
• Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
• Competitive salary
• State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
• Develop the websites of Hotelcard and its applications according to specifications and/or the instructions of your managers.
• Involved in the architecture, planning, development and maintenance of the project.
• Deployment, monitoring and administration of server software using cloud technologies.
• Participate in sprint/feature meetings and consult the team on topics covering your area of expertise.
• Master day to day programming producing fully functional programs writing clean, tested code. The quality of your code and your work results are on a very high level and you work with the team to create robust solutions that follow security principles.
• Deliver your work and achieve your objectives within the given time. Your proactive nature makes it easy for you to anticipate problems and communicate any risks on an early stage.
• React with foresight, your estimations are correct and you are aware the impact your estimations and work have on the business.
If you’re looking for an exciting project in the field of tourism and if you’re seeking a job that comes with responsibilities but also with a great team to work with, then this is the perfect place for you.
On behalf of Hotelcard International (www.hotelcard.com ), Ciklum is looking for a Middle/Senior Python Back End Developer to join Kyiv team on fulltime basis.
It’s a unique opportunity to get involved in the creation of an exciting international product and become a company’s expert using Python/Django and being part of an international team of professionals.
Hotelcard AG is a Swiss company founded in 2009 and the inventor of the Hotelcard, the world’s first 50% discount card for hotels. The company’s objective is to promote tourism in Switzerland, Germany, Austria and Italy by achieving better room occupancy rates and making attractive hotel offers available to potential guests. Hotelcard makes it possible to stay at hundreds of hotels worldwide for half price. The investment for the Hotelcard can be recouped after just one or two night’s stay and can be used as often as desired.
Hotelcard International launched their new web presence in Q1 2017. It is enable users to easily purchase Hotelcard discount cards, hotels to manage their hotels and room details, whilstproviding a modern and intuitive search engine for discovering hotels.
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams.
Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!