On behalf of MADS (mads.com), Ciklum is looking for a Big Data Engineer with vision, guts and ambition to join their Dnipro team
MADS is a leading, independent (mobile) ad technology company, operating in more than 30 countries worldwide. MADS develops the software that powers the (mobile) advertising business of leading publishers, ad networks, broadcasters and operators. The MADS platform is a high volume, highly available system which processes tens of thousands of ad requests a second with an average response times of
MADS is growing rapidly and over the last three years our sales have more than doubled. We are ambitious for further growth and want to find brilliant, like-minded people to help us.
MADS has an informal culture where innovation and initiative are paramount. We are located in the center of Amsterdam, have a development team in Dnepropetrovsk, and have sales offices in the U.S., Canada, Turkey, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic and various other countries. Our data-center is located in Amsterdam and is connected to the AMS-IX with multiple 1Gbit/10Gbit uplinks.
You are an experienced software developer, who is ready for a next step. You are eager to learn and have a good sense of humour. We expect you to be organized, self-starting and pro-active. You are proud of your work, have good in-depth knowledge and you have a sharp analytical mind. Of course you are brilliant, but you are also open to feedback and eager to learn from the feedback of your colleagues.
• Analyse more than 30TB of data to support business issues
• Review or design, test and implement new analysis / reporting capabilities
• Support and improve existing systems
• Migrate “legacy” solutions to contemporary platforms
• You’ve installed and worked with big data solutions like Hadoop, Cassandra, ElasticSeach, Kibana, Kafka, Spark, and Impala.
• You understand relational databases and are fluent with SQL (we use Postgres, mostly)
• You have experience with “NoSQL” databases like MongoDB, Redis
• Machine learning, inverse modeling and data integration, (Bayesian) statistics, time series analysis
• MatLab, R, SPSS or other high-level data manipulation and analysis tools
• HPC: parallelization, synchronization primitives, asynchronous programming, code optimization
• Deep knowledge of *nix (we use CentOS Linux)
What’s in it for you?
• A good salary
• Freedom of ownership, vision and ideas
• Innovative projects
• Working with a brilliant young team
• Work hard, play hard