Ciklum is looking for a Team Lead AWS DevOps Engineer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organizations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Team Lead AWS DevOps Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the TUI.
About the Client:
You’ll work with TUI, the leading tourism group. It covers the entire tourism value chain under one roof with 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with around 150 aircraft, over 400 hotels, 17 cruise liners, and many incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. This integrated offering enables TUI to provide 27 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions combined with their commitment to sustainable tourism. The TUI Group’s share is listed in the FTSE 250 index.
The project uses modern architectural approaches. All solutions are cloud-based and use a serverless approach. You will work closely with TUI’s top delivery management and business representatives to define the future of the travel industry. Ciklum provides you with colleagues who can be your mentors, good coworkers in solving tech challenges, or just nice people to work with. Millions of tourists all over the world will use the results of your work, and you can shape the way these solutions will be implemented.
- Leadership activities: managing DevOps team, collaborating with developers, QAs, and architect
- Act as a technical acceptance point for the DevOps team on a project
- Create concepts and designs for CI/CD pipelines
- Create an automated Deployment Pipeline to ship applications and infrastructure to production:
- Provide clear reporting of the pipelines to all teams
- Support the teams to use the pipeline
- Troubleshoot issues and remove blockers with the pipeline to maintain the flow
- Measure the pipeline and use this data to prioritize work to continually improve it
- Provide centralized monitoring, logging, reporting, and alerting tooling that the development teams integrate with
- Collaboration with Dev and QA teams in:
- Resolving issues and clearing blockers
- Priorities changes
- Providing environments
- Support of the releases
- Quality gates implementation
- Scheduled on-call support
- Ensure operational readiness in production for new features, i.e of provisioning of new infrastructure components, monitoring processes etc.
- Upskill DevOps team to self-resolve common issues
- Support the transformation of customer applications into a decoupled serviceorientated architecture
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure provisioning and deployment on AWS; using services like Aurora, Lambda, ECS, RDS, ELB, EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, SES, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins (BitBucket, GitLabCI or similar) in developing and maintaining CI/CD processes for applications deployed to a cloud
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code using automation tools/ configuration management systems like Terraform or AWS CloudFormation
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring technologies such as Dynatrace, DataDog, Prometheus, AWS CloudWatch, ELK stack, PagerDuty and so on
- Ansible and Packer
- Good knowledge with Linux environments and automation scripting (bash or python)
- Strong knowledge of best DevOps practices and methodologies
- English upper-intermediate and higher
- Building AWS infrastructure from scratch
- Experience with large-scale, real-time applications
- Experience building and deploying complex systems to the cloud
What's in it for you?
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work — a 100% remote or on-sight in our offices. Own your schedule — you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfill your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Discover the pros of 20-year global experience! Join one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine, awarded as one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine by Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.