Ciklum is looking for an Expert Data Scientist to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organizations worldwide.
About the role:
As an Expert Data Scientist, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Babbel.
About the Project:
Whether on the go, in the subway, or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, 750 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience
- A steep learning-curve — personally and professionally
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours and hybrid work setup
- A talented team of data professionals waiting to meet you
- Work with data engineers, data scientists and other analysts to perform deep-dive analysis and build data models exposing information about Babbel learners and their activity within Babbel products to be used for improving learning success and personalization
- Challenge and proactively contribute to analytical concepts for decision-making with insights and data modeling
- Develop in-depth analytical understanding for what drives business performance, and uncover growth levers in focused deep dive analysis
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Engagement, Self-study, Data Solutions, etc.) to establish a consolidated view of address business needs in the area of Learner Data Model
- Drive data mindset in the tribe and become a reliable and responsive partner for tribe leads and stakeholders
- You have extensive experience in Data Modeling
- You have several years of data analysis experience, preferably for an online and/or B2C business with a proven track record of transforming data into actionable insights
- You love to enable people with data and insights and have a talent for building strong professional relationships
- You have experience with either Python and a very good understanding of statistics methodologies
- You are proficient in SQL (knowledge of Snowflake, MySQL)
- You are proficient in Excel or equivalent
- You have a good understanding of Learning business domain processes
- You have experience with data visualization in Tableau and presentation skills
- You are fluent in English to navigate the international environment at Babbel
- (Nice to have) Experience with Databricks/Spark and data engineering
- (Nice to have) Experience with Machine Learning frameworks and technologies
- (Nice to have) Experience with GraphQL
- (Nice to have) Good understanding of Feature Store concept based on either
- Databricks, AWS SageMaker solutions or GCP Vertex
What's in it for you?
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work — a 100% remote or on-sight in our offices. Own your schedule — you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Discover the pros of 20-year global experience! Join one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine, awarded as one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine by Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.