Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organizations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Our Client.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Tech stack: Azure, Data Lake, Azure Functions, Azure Eventhub,Azure DevOps, Azure SQL database.
About the Project:
At present, the main project’s goals are developing a new architecture designed for streaming near real time data based on the Azure environment and maintaining an existing Confluent Cloud Kafka and Kubernetes (AKS) infrastructure. The team consists of a single Senior Data Engineer and two Senior DevOps. The Board being utilized is Kanban which in combination with Scrum framework ceremonies helps the project with usability, visibility as well as continuous delivery.
- Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process data quickly at big data scales
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Performs development as well as basic QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices
At least knowledge and practical skills of one below coding languages (in prioritized order).
Skills candidate must have experience on senior level of the below requirements with exception that it may be ok if candidate does not have one or perhaps two “must” skills.
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Databricks
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Functions
- Azure Eventhub (especially Kafka enabled)
- Azure Synapse
- Azure SQL DB
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of Data Quality testing, automation and results visualization
- Knowledge of BI reports and dashboards design and implementation
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. KANBAN, SCRUM
- Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred
- Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical use cases highly desirable
- 1+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of any of the following technologies: Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Storm, SQL data warehouses and NoSQL data warehouses (such as Hbase and Cassandra)
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in data science and machine learning
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- Good knowledge of data analysis in enterprises
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you?
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work — a 100% remote or on-sight in our offices. Own your schedule — you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Discover the pros of 20-year global experience! Join one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine, awarded as one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine by Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.